Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Plugins missing after product is built
Plugins missing after product is built [message #1713257] Mon, 02 November 2015 20:02
Vince Smith is currently offline Vince SmithFriend
I have a feature-based app that uses tycho to build a product. It uses a target platform that consists exclusively of p2 update sites, per tycho requirements. The problem I'm having is although all required plugins are available in the target platform after the app builds, when launching the app from the .product file, it fails validation because 3 plugins are missing. I have to access the run configuration and manually add them in order for the product to load and start correctly.

I found one bugzilla article that addressed the same issue. (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=367187) Basically, my app uses 3 batik plugins, org.apache.batik.css, org.apache.batik.util, and org.apache.batik.util.gui. They have different versions (1.6 and 1.7) that are needed for Eclipse RCP and BIRT. When the product launches, it only includes the latest version, 1.7, which is causing the validation failure for BIRT because it needs the 1.6 version. The bugzilla article seemed to imply the issue was fixed in 4.5, but I downloaded the latest version (4.5.1) a couple days ago, and I still had the same problem.

Also, an equinox p2 plugin org.tukaani.xz that's active in the target platform isn't present during the product launch and has to be manually added as well. Adding plugins manually to a run configuration defeats the purpose of having an automated tycho build in the first place. It should be built and if there are no build errors, it should execute without any manual intervention.

Is there a version of 4.5 that fixes both these problems, or is there a workaround that will allow for all necessary plugins to be included when the build completes, if it's in the target platform?
Previous Topic:Eclipse 4 RCP Users, Roles and Security
Next Topic:How to get about_files/ to package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 03 19:36:07 GMT 2020