|Some text lowered only on Mac 10.10 and Mac 10.11 [message #1713083]
||Fri, 30 October 2015 16:46
| Andrew Thomas
Registered: October 2015
Starting on Mac 10.10, the text in some-but-not-all controls appears to be lowered in our RCP applications. |
These applications are running on an Eclipse 4.5 target platform, using the Eclipse 3.x compatibility layer. They've been released for several years without issue on both Windows and Mac. The issue occurs only on Mac 10.10 and 10.11 (so far). The issue does not occur on Windows or prior versions of Mac OS X.
For example, on the left-hand-side of the standard Preferences dialog in our Eclipse RCP applications, the preference page titles appear lowered significantly.
They're lowered so far that the descenders of the font are cut off. For example, observe the tail of the "p" in "Help."
As another example, the text is also lowered in the buttons in the same dialog.
* The problem does not occur on prior versions of Mac OS X.
* The problem does not occur on Windows.
* The problem does not occur in the Eclipse IDE's Preferences dialog, in Eclipse 4.5.1 and 4.4.2.
* The problem does not occur in a newly generated plug-in project using the template "Eclipse 3.x application (minimal)," with a few preference pages added.
* In our applications, we have a small CSS file (attached), but it has no mention of fonts.
* The bounding box appears correct, as indicated by the highlighted selection area.
* I've tried using CSS Spy in the Eclipse IDE's Preferences dialog. Although it works in the main window, it does not work for me in the Preferences dialog, at least when using the same keyboard shortcut.
* The text is larger and positioned well in buttons in dialogs provided by the operating system, like "File>Open."
* In a custom dialog not pictured here, the text in custom buttons is centered well, but the text in the OK/Cancel buttons provided by Eclipse is lowered.
Since the titles appear correctly in the IDE and a small generated 3.x application, it seems like there must be something we can do to make them appear correctly in our applications.
***Question: What needs to be done differently to avoid the lowered title text?*** Even clues of where to start would be appreciated.
A snapshot of one case of the issue is provided below.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02397 seconds