Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Cannot see installed software
Cannot see installed software [message #1713074] Fri, 30 October 2015 15:46 Go to next message
Lampros Gk is currently offline Lampros GkFriend
Hello everyone,

I build a custom eclipse product based on CDT with some features and plugins preinstalled.

When I go to Help -> About -> Installation Details on the first tab "Installed Software" I see only the product name and not the features and plugins hanging from this product. I cannot see the small arrow which expands and shows all the data.

Next tabs "Features" and "Plug-ins" shows correctly all the features and plugins product has.

Do you have any idea why this happen ?

Thanks in advance
Re: Cannot see installed software [message #1713089 is a reply to message #1713074] Fri, 30 October 2015 18:40 Go to previous message
Lampros Gk is currently offline Lampros GkFriend
Hello again,

I notice that "installed software" tree is not shown when user access control (UAC of windows) is high and my eclipse product is installed in a "somehow" protected area e.g. Program Files.

In this case I am able to see the "installed software" tree if I set UAC to zero or run my eclipse product as administrator.

Is there a way to see the installed software tree without running eclipse as administrator or lower the UAC but leaving the installation directory in Program Files ?

thanks,

Previous Topic:Create RODIN plug-in
Next Topic:API Tools - Versioning of bundles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 26 07:01:25 GMT 2018