Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Application title bar with extra options
Application title bar with extra options [message #1712997] Thu, 29 October 2015 18:07 Go to next message
Andy Armaignac is currently offline Andy ArmaignacFriend
Hi. I´m trying to create a pure e4-fx app with e(fx)clipse 2.0 that the title bar of the main windows looks like the Microsoft Word or other windows apps that can have some extra options beside the typically icon and name of the application and the classical minimize, maximize, and close button.

index.php/fa/23782/0/
  • Attachment: Captura.PNG
    (Size: 24.45KB, Downloaded 610 times)
Re: Application title bar with extra options [message #1713020 is a reply to message #1712997] Thu, 29 October 2015 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
You can do that with efx.window.root.fxml -
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Efxclipse/Runtime/e4#MWindow - I thought we
somehow relax the requirement (Christoph Keimel did that) to make this a
TrimmedWindow instance but I could be wrong.

But your requirement can definately addressed with e(fx)clipse!

Tom

On 29.10.15 11:07, Andy Armaignac wrote:
> Hi. I´m trying to create a pure e4-fx app with e(fx)clipse 2.0 that the title bar of the main windows looks like the Microsoft Word or other windows apps that can have some extra options beside the typically icon and name of the application and the classical minimize, maximize, and close button.
>
>
Re: Application title bar with extra options [message #1713041 is a reply to message #1713020] Fri, 30 October 2015 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
If you want to change the window decoration you need to go with a TrimmedWindow.
Re: Application title bar with extra options [message #1713057 is a reply to message #1713041] Fri, 30 October 2015 13:01 Go to previous message
Andy Armaignac is currently offline Andy ArmaignacFriend
Thanks for the quick reply. I create a TrimmedWindow whit the persisted state efx.window.decoration.fxml and I realize (after some debugging) that the URI have to be <bundle.id>/<bundle.id>/<fxml resource> (well at least that's work for me). When finally I load the fxml I get a full screen Stage if y add the shellMaximized tag to the trimmed Window, is there a bug?. By the other hand everything works fine and know I have to manage the minimize, maximize, and close actions from the Stage right? And of course the title of the application, in the controller specify in the fxml
Previous Topic:P2 check for updates doesn't work
Next Topic:Breaking changes for Code-Editor in nightlies!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:53:44 GMT 2024