Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » theming opacity button checkbox
theming opacity button checkbox [message #1712959] Thu, 29 October 2015 15:02 Go to next message
Marco Feldmann is currently offline Marco FeldmannFriend
Hello,
I want to change the standard opacity of an disabled checkbox button in RAP. I used a custom theming, but I found no way in the css definition. I used this selector
Button[CHECK]:disabled {
  opacity: 1;	
}

Is there an other way?

Regards,
Marco
Re: theming opacity button checkbox [message #1713183 is a reply to message #1712959] Mon, 02 November 2015 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,
you want to remove the default 0.3 opacity from disabled buttons?
Setting the opacity with themeing works for me.
Regards,
Ivan

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: theming opacity button checkbox [message #1717000 is a reply to message #1713183] Wed, 09 December 2015 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marco Feldmann is currently offline Marco FeldmannFriend
Hi Ivan,
yes I want to change the 0.3 opacity for the background Image. On some screens the background Image for checkboxes is not well identifiable.

The button was realized with 2 div-element and the css-statement only changes the opacity for the upper div not for the background-Image in the second div. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Marco
Re: theming opacity button checkbox [message #1758584 is a reply to message #1717000] Thu, 30 March 2017 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Gymer is currently offline John GymerFriend
Hi Marco/Ivan,

Did you ever find a way to override the 0.3 opacity of the inner div here?

We are seeing a similar issue - we can control the outer div happily with css, but there is still always a 0.3 opacity applied to the inner div, which does not appear to be themeable.

Here's what I see, which should help understand what my problem is (hopefully the images will appear!):

Here is a checkbox and a radio button enabled, for reference:
index.php/fa/28924/0/
Here they are disabled, with opacity of 0.25:
index.php/fa/28925/0/
Now disabled, with opacity of 0.5:
index.php/fa/28926/0/
Now disabled, with opacity of 0.8:
index.php/fa/28927/0/
Finally, disabled with opacity of 1:
index.php/fa/28928/0/

You can see that even with opacity of 1, there is still opacity applied, and this is on the inner div.

You might also notice that there appears to be an inconsistency between checkboxes and radio on the text - the radio button's text is not faded as much as the checkbox, but they both have the same colour according to the CSS, so perhaps there is a bug here too?

I noticed that there is also a 'tint' being applied by this CSS:
*:disabled {
color: #606060;
}

This isn't affecting the opacity, but is an interesting additional effect being applied.

Thanks, John

---
Just because you can doesn't mean you should
Re: theming opacity button checkbox [message #1758596 is a reply to message #1758584] Thu, 30 March 2017 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seems I already raised a bug (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=464611) for this one a couple of years ago, but no movement yet...?

---
Re: theming opacity button checkbox [message #1758812 is a reply to message #1758596] Mon, 03 April 2017 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi John,
as you already mentioned, the issue/bugzilla are still opened. Where do you want to see this configurable option? On which CSS element? As this is a global configuration it should not be bound to any specific widget. Do you have a suggestion?
Regards,
Ivan
Re: theming opacity button checkbox [message #1758813 is a reply to message #1758812] Mon, 03 April 2017 13:00 Go to previous message
Hi Ivan,

Could it be part of the disabled block, for example:

*:disabled {
color: #606060;
opacity: 0.3;
}

?

Thanks, John

---
Previous Topic:How to align text in a TreeViewer cell
Next Topic:How to set RWT.getApplicationContext() in java thread.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:07:42 GMT 2024