Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Marketplace Profile id _SELF_ is not registered(Eclipse Marketplace won't install plugins Profile id _SELF_ is not registered)
Eclipse Marketplace Profile id _SELF_ is not registered [message #1712301] Thu, 22 October 2015 17:15 Go to next message
Micah Tessler is currently offline Micah TesslerFriend
Eclipse log is below.
I found several links to issues where someone was running on a mac or running a custom eclipse application. I am doing neither.
I have a java EE install of eclipse.
I am looking for a step by step walkthrough of how to debug
"Profile id _SELF_ is not registered" errors.
I am hoping whoever wrote the marketplace module monitors this forum.
I have no idea what eclipse means by a profile

eclipse.buildId=4.4.2.M20150204-1700
java.version=1.8.0_40
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui
Error
Thu Oct 22 12:38:58 EDT 2015
Problems occurred while performing provisioning operation: Profile id _SELF_ is not registered.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Profile id _SELF_ is not registered.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.ProfileChangeRequest.createByProfileId(ProfileChangeRequest.java:46)
at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.InstallOperation.computeProfileChangeRequest(InstallOperation.java:74)
at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProfileChangeOperation.makeResolveJob(ProfileChangeOperation.java:165)
at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProfileChangeOperation.resolveModal(ProfileChangeOperation.java:113)
at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.ui.operations.ProfileChangeOperationComputer.resolveModal(ProfileChangeOperationComputer.java:295)
at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.ui.operations.ProfileChangeOperationComputer.resolve(ProfileChangeOperationComputer.java:284)
at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.ui.operations.ProfileChangeOperationComputer.resolveInstall(ProfileChangeOperationComputer.java:217)
at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.ui.operations.ProfileChangeOperationComputer.run(ProfileChangeOperationComputer.java:156)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

Re: Eclipse Marketplace Profile id _SELF_ is not registered [message #1712373 is a reply to message #1712301] Fri, 23 October 2015 11:25 Go to previous message
Carsten Reckord is currently offline Carsten ReckordFriend
Hi Micah,

That's indeed a strange error. A profile is the collection of installed plugins to run, together with their dependencies and additional metadata. The profile id _SELF_ is a special value that should always exist and be resolved to the profile of the currently running Eclipse instance. So my best guess would be that this problem is not specific to Marketplace, but that your Eclipse installation somehow got seriously broken.

I've opened bug 480493 to diagnose the problem further. Can you provide some more input on the bug? If you have trouble with Bugzilla, it's also fine if you just post it here.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 October 2015 11:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Starting error
Next Topic:OSGI plugin application won't start after upgrading old code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:32:48 GMT 2024