Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Charts sometimes showing as blank
Charts sometimes showing as blank [message #1712299] Thu, 22 October 2015 17:08 Go to next message
Dan Hlavenka is currently offline Dan HlavenkaFriend
I've got a set of reports with charts created using BIRT 4.5.0 deployed to a server running the BIRT Runtime on Tomcat 7. After some time (sometimes hours, sometimes days), all charts will start showing as blank in HTML output. They still render in PDFs, but on HTML reports they're blank whether they're SVG, JPEG, or PNG. Restarting Tomcat fixes the issue for a while. The issue seems to happen more quickly when more reports are being run. The furthest I've been able to get is a theory that this is somehow related to cookies, but even that is shaky.

I've done some Googling, and I can't find anyone else with these exact symptoms. Does anyone have any advice on what I could do to at least collect some more useful debug information?
Re: Charts sometimes showing as blank [message #1714594 is a reply to message #1712299] Fri, 13 November 2015 17:59 Go to previous message
Dan Hlavenka is currently offline Dan HlavenkaFriend
Update: this also sometimes happens when running reports directly from Eclipse on my local machine. I did some extra testing there, and the issue persisted when ran the report against a local database (rather than remote), and even if I built a brand-new report from scratch, added just a basic data set, and tried displaying a simple chart. Running the report in debug mode averted the issue entirely, so I wasn't able to use that to get any more detailed errors. Re-launching Eclipse fixed the issue, although it came back multiple times that day.
Previous Topic:Correct usage of parameters in BIRT report
Next Topic:Report as ods not usable (missing elements, line height to small)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:11:00 GMT 2024