Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Question about LargeMemoryPolicy
Question about LargeMemoryPolicy [message #1712215] Thu, 22 October 2015 07:01 Go to next message
Anna-Nina Wille is currently offline Anna-Nina WilleFriend
Hi all,

today I discovered something new (for me) in Scout: The different memory policies.

The reason I discovered them was that we observed a strange behaviour in our application: Once you enter values in a certain search form of a page in the tree, whenever you navigate to the same page / search form but for a different node, the previously entered values are restored:
- Folder
-- Node 1
--- Subpage Type A with Search Form
-- Node 2
--- Subpage Type A with Search Form

This is what the LargeMemoryPolicy does, which is activated by default.
There is an ID for every page generated, based on the hierarchy of the pages. So the search form is restored whether you are below Node 1 or Node 2 as it is the same hierarchy.

=> Can you explain to me why it is like this? Shouldn't the mechanism respect also that a search form below node 1 is not the same as a search form below node 2? Or is there something else that should be done to "mark" the pages so that this mechanism works correctly?

Thanks in advance, regards
Anna-Nina
Re: Question about LargeMemoryPolicy [message #1712216 is a reply to message #1712215] Thu, 22 October 2015 07:26 Go to previous message
Arthur van Dorp is currently offline Arthur van DorpFriend
Hi Anna-Nina

The generated ID should take into account Node 1 and Node 2 as well. If they differ in any Number, String, long or Date property they should be identified as different. If for some reason they have the same ID but shouldn't, you could introduce a technical property (like a node/row number) to the nodes.

Probably the id generation isn't as good as it should be. You could always use your own MemoryPolicy, overriding createUniqueIdForPage() (and file a bug for whatever is wrong).

Kind regards
Arthur
Previous Topic:Interested Parties
Next Topic:[Neon] scout.xml files?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:18:54 GMT 2024