Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse IDE(High CPU load and memory required, specific questions concerning IDE)
Eclipse IDE [message #1711982] Tue, 20 October 2015 14:35
Java Developer is currently offline Java DeveloperFriend
Dear Eclipse Foundation,

Thank you very much for the adorable IDE intended for Java programming. I'm not yet familiar with Eclipse and unfortunately encounter some technical problems. I would be thankful to you if you could render me your assistance and resolve my predicament. Thank you.

1. In September 2015, I have downloaded the archived version of Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers on my computer with Windows 7. Unfortunately, I encountered several problems.

I was surprised that Eclipse requires significant CPU load at launch. On my computer, it's 100% for a significant period of time. Additionally, the memory load is high - it increases from 1.6 GB to approximately 2 - 2.2 GB at launch of Eclipse (my computer has approximately 4 GB of RAM) and the IDE then continuously requires more and more memory whenever I'm trying to type my Java code, save the application, etc.

I disabled Code Recommenders and Task List. This helped to reduce memory and CPU load required by Eclipse but the problem unfortunately still remains. The problem may originate from attempts to apply to Eclipse on a computer with limited resources (memory, HDD, etc.) but this appears to be not applicable to my situation since my computer has approximately 450 GB of HDD with approximately 360 GB currently available.

Could you please kindly help me resolve the problem?

2. As noted, it was Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers (275 MB) what has been downloaded by me as an archive from your website to write my programs in Java. Due to my inattentiveness, it's only now that I noticed another version of Eclipse available for downloading - Eclipse IDE for Java Developers (166 MB).

In all probability, I have just dowloaded an inappropriate version of Eclipse and needed to download Eclipse IDE for Java Developers instead. I admit that the Enterprise Edition of Eclipse is simply implementing specific operations relating to Java application development at enterprise level (e.g., connecting to other members of the same project) and this is why the memory required and CPU load on my local computer are so significant.

Can Eclipse IDE for Java Developers solve the problem? Will it be necessary to remove the folder containing Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers from my computer? What are the system requirements of this version of Eclipse with regard to computers that have Windows 7 and Mac OS (I'm currently working with Windows 7 but also planning to program in Mac OS environment in the nearest time)? Can both versions be downloaded and applied to on the same computer?

3. If I undertstand it correctly, Eclipse for Java Developers provides a GUI designer named WindowBuilder. Is it so? I think that I'm able to write JavaFX or Swing applications even without any GUI designer though it's definitely convenient to develop GUI applications with a GUI designer but only in case if this does not interfere with the other aspects of Java programming. Just in case of some technical problems, will it be possible to disable WindowBuilder?

Does Eclipse for Java Developers support JavaFX? In its Enterprise Edition version, I was unfortunately unable to write JavaFX-related code. The relevant classes (Application, Stage, Scene, etc.) are considered to be not in the API what the IDE explicitly indicates.

4. I would also like to write Java applications for Android in Eclipse provided that the computer has Windows 7 or Mac OS installed. I have been already informed that you're currently developing Andmore Tools as an addition to Eclipse that could be downloaded by Android developers but the project has not yet been accomplished, if I understand it correctly. Could you please indicate at least approximate dates when we should expect appearance of the official release of Andmore Tools? What will be the system requirements with regard to Windows 7 and Mac OS? What version of Eclipse is required for Android programming (i.e. can Android applications be written in Eclipse IDE for Java Developers or Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers is required)?

Thank you.
Previous Topic:PATH environment variable used by Eclipse Ide
Next Topic:brackets and system.out.println();
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:48:13 GMT 2024