Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How to create installable plugin
How to create installable plugin [message #1711070] Mon, 12 October 2015 16:37 Go to next message
Prakyath Jaladhar is currently offline Prakyath JaladharFriend
Hi,

I have written the grammar of my language and want to install this as a plugin in an eclipse distribution and test it. What steps should I follow for this purpose?
Re: How to create installable plugin [message #1711074 is a reply to message #1711070] Mon, 12 October 2015 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Oehme is currently offline Stefan OehmeFriend

For testing purposes just right click and select "Run As -> Eclipse Application"
For exporting it to another Eclipse, select "Export -> Installable Plugins"
Re: How to create installable plugin [message #1711075 is a reply to message #1711074] Mon, 12 October 2015 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prakyath Jaladhar is currently offline Prakyath JaladharFriend
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried to do this:

1. Select File->Export...->Plug-in Development->Deployable Features & click Next
2. Select your DSL project in the list of features (<your.dsl>.sdk)
3. Select a directory for the resulting repository and click Finish.

But this generates an error. To test if my project has some error, I created a fresh xtext project and followed the same process, I get the same error. Here is the error log for the sample hello world xtext project.

/home/workspace/org.xtext.example.mydsl.sdk/assemble.org.xtext.example.mydsl.sdk.p2.xml:38: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/workspace/org.xtext.example.mydsl.sdk/assemble.org.xtext.example.mydsl.sdk.p2.xml:48: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/workspace/org.xtext.example.mydsl.sdk/assemble.org.xtext.example.mydsl.sdk.p2.xml:24: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/workspace/org.xtext.example.mydsl/build.xml:271: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/workspace/org.xtext.example.mydsl/build.xml:375: Problem: failed to create task or type apitooling.apigeneration
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.
Re: How to create installable plugin [message #1711076 is a reply to message #1711075] Mon, 12 October 2015 17:59 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/230783/

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:[Xtext] Backslash at end of line
Next Topic:Using ValidationTestHelper to detect "missing EOF at 'MyElement'" error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:17:16 GMT 2024