Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] No credentials provider configured
[CDO] No credentials provider configured [message #1710699] Thu, 08 October 2015 13:41 Go to next message
Samuel Leisering is currently offline Samuel LeiseringFriend
Messages: 34
Registered: July 2014
Member
Hi
I added an authenticator to my CDO server:

<securityManager type="default" description="/security:annotation:home(/home)"/>
<authenticator type="myauth"/>

after starting the server, it tries to create a jvm-connection with the CDO_SYSTEM user. Fails with this exteption:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No credentials provider configured
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.security.AuthenticationIndication.responding(AuthenticationIndication.java:85)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithMonitoring.responding(IndicationWithMonitoring.java:105)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithResponse.doExtendedOutput(IndicationWithResponse.java:106)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doOutput(Signal.java:338)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithResponse.execute(IndicationWithResponse.java:75)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithMonitoring.execute(IndicationWithMonitoring.java:67)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.runSync(Signal.java:275)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.run(Signal.java:154)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Am i doing something wrong?
Re: [CDO] No credentials provider configured [message #1710704 is a reply to message #1710699] Thu, 08 October 2015 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6446
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 08.10.2015 um 15:41 schrieb Samuel Leisering:
> Hi
> I added an authenticator to my CDO server:
>
> <securityManager type="default" description="/security:annotation:home(/home)"/>
> <authenticator type="myauth"/>
The security manager includes an internal implementation of an authenticator which is backed by the security model in
the realm /security. You don't need to (and probably should not) register a separate authenticator.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper


>
> after starting the server, it tries to create a jvm-connection with the CDO_SYSTEM user. Fails with this exteption:
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: No credentials provider configured
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.security.AuthenticationIndication.responding(AuthenticationIndication.java:85)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithMonitoring.responding(IndicationWithMonitoring.java:105)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithResponse.doExtendedOutput(IndicationWithResponse.java:106)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doOutput(Signal.java:338)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithResponse.execute(IndicationWithResponse.java:75)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithMonitoring.execute(IndicationWithMonitoring.java:67)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.runSync(Signal.java:275)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.run(Signal.java:154)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>
> Am i doing something wrong?


Re: [CDO] No credentials provider configured [message #1710705 is a reply to message #1710704] Thu, 08 October 2015 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6446
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 08.10.2015 um 16:15 schrieb Eike Stepper:
> Am 08.10.2015 um 15:41 schrieb Samuel Leisering:
>> Hi
>> I added an authenticator to my CDO server:
>>
>> <securityManager type="default" description="/security:annotation:home(/home)"/>
>> <authenticator type="myauth"/>
> The security manager includes an internal implementation of an authenticator which is backed by the security model in
> the realm /security.
I.e., org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.security.SecurityManager.Authenticator

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper


Re: [CDO] No credentials provider configured [message #1710769 is a reply to message #1710705] Fri, 09 October 2015 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel Leisering is currently offline Samuel LeiseringFriend
Messages: 34
Registered: July 2014
Member
Ah, i understand. There is still an issue with this however:
I want to use the default Usermanager for organization of the users and, most importantly, the organization of permissions.
Instead of the default authorization mechanism (with the passwords stored in the model) i want to connect to an ldap system.

In this case I would argue that it is neccessary to use my own authenticator.

Re: [CDO] No credentials provider configured [message #1710773 is a reply to message #1710769] Fri, 09 October 2015 07:49 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6446
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 09.10.2015 um 09:20 schrieb Samuel Leisering:
> Ah, i understand. There is still an issue with this however:
> I want to use the default Usermanager for organization of the users and, most importantly, the organization of
> permissions.
> Instead of the default authorization mechanism (with the passwords stored in the model) i want to connect to an ldap
> system.
>
> In this case I would argue that it is neccessary to use my own authenticator.
The SecurityManager implementation does currently not support authenticators other than SecurityManager.Authenticator.
When I implemented it I had no clear idea how other authenticators would play with the security manager model,
especially I have not much experience with LDAP.

Maybe you want to play with the sources, e.g., change SecurityManager.Authenticator such that it works well for your
LDAP case. I'd be happy to review a respective patch (ideally via Gerrit).

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper


Previous Topic:[CDO] Schema Locked Exception after update to CDO 4.4
Next Topic:[CDO] User auth with JVM connectors
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Oct 18 08:43:11 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02382 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top