Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Derive Java Classes from Java Source File
Derive Java Classes from Java Source File [message #1709863] Thu, 01 October 2015 14:19 Go to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

we have following problem. maybe you have an idea or a hint on how to procede:

* We have a java project. within that java project we have some java files.
* based on some criteria (e.g. Location/Annotation/...) we want to derive Wrapper/Delegate Classes for that java files.
* I know that i could do this in a compilation participant or annotation processor, but
* other tools (eclipse xtext) use the jdt index to look up types and thus on a clean build does not yet find the (derived) types.
* so is it possible to annouce the derived types during indexing etc?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Derive Java Classes from Java Source File [message #1710602 is a reply to message #1709863] Wed, 07 October 2015 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Hi Christian,

Where are derived files stored, in a source folder? Are derived files marked as "derived"?
Normally, everything in source folders should be indexed and there shouldn't be a need to specifically announce.
Am I missing anything? Is this about the order of different builders? About the order of reacting to resource change events?

Stephan
Re: Derive Java Classes from Java Source File [message #1710604 is a reply to message #1710602] Wed, 07 October 2015 19:44 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
hi

no it is a simple order problem. since jdt does indexing and building separately at the point where xtext builds the jdt complitation participant has not yet run.
thus the question if i somehow can announce the derived types during indexing already

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Unable to use EGIT on update
Next Topic:Software Developer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:54:44 GMT 2024