Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Problems installing Kura
Problems installing Kura [message #1709356] Sun, 27 September 2015 16:38 Go to next message
Javier Barbaran is currently offline Javier BarbaranFriend
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got my brand new Raspberry pi 2, I installed latest raspbian, then I configured etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf to get wifi with the ASUS USB-N10 Nano Adaptador Wireless N150. So far so good, got WiFi, and everthing was working. Then I installed eclipse kura and I lost wifi connectivity, I have seen in other topics that it has happen to other people as well, it looks like the best option is to install the Kura dist without network control, but is it there a procedure or tutorial in order to get it working?

I managed to make it work with Kura with no network, but it seems imposible to me to make it work with kura with network...

Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Problems installing Kura [message #1709498 is a reply to message #1709356] Mon, 28 September 2015 23:46 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

If you install the Kura version with networking support, you will have to configure the WiFi using Kura services. Trying to manually edit network related system files with Kura running will not work. The easiest way to configure WiFi would be with the networking tab on the Kura web UI. If you have a monitor and keyboard hooked up directly to the RPi, you can access the web UI at http://127.0.0.1 . If not, you would need to access the web UI over the ethernet port at http://<rpi_eth0_address> .

You can also configure the WiFi through Java code, but it is a bit more involved. Let me know if you need more info on this.

Hope this helps,
--Dave
Previous Topic:how to stop kura from restarting its self
Next Topic:Reading/Updating data from/to a database instead of a Configuration XML file.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:12:50 GMT 2024