Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Understanting TPTP trace format
Understanting TPTP trace format [message #1709189] Thu, 24 September 2015 17:17
Raphael Khoury is currently offline Raphael KhouryFriend
Hi,

I'm new to TPTP. I have received a TPTP trace and I need help to understand the content provided.
The trace that contains function call entry and exists alongside with parameter of the function call on entry. It is from JHotDraw. Here is a sample of the trace:

Entered: CH/ifa/draw/standard/ToolButton.paint---[sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D[font=javax.swing.plaf.FontUIResource[family=Dialog,name=Dialog,style=bold,size=12],color=sun.swing.PrintColorUIResource[r=51,g=51,b=51]]]
Exited: CH/ifa/draw/standard/ToolButton.paint---[sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D[font=javax.swing.plaf.FontUIResource[family=Dialog,name=Dialog,style=bold,size=12],color=sun.swing.PrintColorUIResource[r=51,g=51,b=51]]]

Entered: CH/ifa/draw/application/DrawApplication.paletteUserOver---[CH.ifa.draw.standard.ToolButton[,304,1,24x24,disabled,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.5,border=javax.swing.border.CompoundBorder@1308786,flags=296,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=,defaultIcon=javax.swing.ImageIcon@1f647e2,disabledIcon=sun.swing.ImageIconUIResource@d253d9,disabledSelectedIcon=,margin=javax.swing.plaf.InsetsUIResource[top=2,left=14,bottom=2,right=14],paintBorder=true,paintFocus=true,pressedIcon=javax.swing.ImageIcon@924039,rolloverEnabled=true,rolloverIcon=,rolloverSelectedIcon=,selectedIcon=javax.swing.ImageIcon@5c7d2e,text=,defaultCapable=false], false]

My questions are:

1)I would like to know why the parameters are sometimes detailed in variable\value pairs (like the PrintColorUIResource object in the first line) and sometimes given as a reference like ImageIcon@924039 ?

According tot he doc args should output all method arguments.

2) When the parameter is a complex type, how does TPTP describe its content? For example, in the first line, the parameter of the function is an object of type sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D. This object is described by two values, font and color, each of which is recessively defined. From the documentation (link below), I can see the object SunGraphics2D has dozens of local variables, one of which is called font, but none called color. The constructor does have two parameters color and font, but also two other parameters.

Likewise object sun.swing.PrintColorUIResource at the end of the same function call is described w.r.t. 3 valuse, r,g,b. I can't find these variable in the documentation.

3) Why is the value or the variable name sometimes ommited? eg: maximumSize=,minimumSize=, ... or at the end of the 3rd fct call : =false], false]

4) Is there any documentation I can refer myself to to better understand the trace content?

Thank you for your help and your kind consideration.

Previous Topic:Auto completion for keys in properties file
Next Topic:Perf Tools: Hangs on Delegate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:03:37 GMT 2024