Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Error: Could not find or load main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher
Error: Could not find or load main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher [message #1708575] Thu, 17 September 2015 15:14 Go to next message
Karel Goderis is currently offline Karel GoderisFriend
Kai, per your request

- deleted Eclipse folder on Mac OS X
- deleted ~/.p2
- deleted ~/.eclipse

did new install from installer, accepted all licenses etc (e.g. seems nothing in cache here that could upset the process).

- Clean project
- Perform startup tasks

Have the above message on all mwe2 plug-ins. Don't understand

K
Re: Error: Could not find or load main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher [message #1708611 is a reply to message #1708575] Fri, 18 September 2015 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems that the previous installation of the XText SDK has polluted my branch of the ESH repo. That in itself is quite strange, because even when copying back the .launch of the working official repo to my branch, I has this error. The solution was in installing from scratch and importing back all packages from my own repo.
Re: Error: Could not find or load main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher [message #1708652 is a reply to message #1708611] Fri, 18 September 2015 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Good that you have solved it!
Anyhow, for the future I have just built a new Oomph project that you might be interested in:
With the Eclipse Installer, you now have the option "Github.com->openHAB-->openHAB 2 with Eclipse SmartHome Core".
This will install you a workspace with openHAB 2 and the main bundles (meaning all but model and designer stuff) of ESH. With the new launch config https://github.com/openhab/openhab2/blob/master/targetplatform/openHAB_with_ESH.launch you can then directly run an openHAB 2 with the modifications you do to ESH code in your workspace.
I think that will make the development much easier - please have a try and let me know what you think!
Re: Error: Could not find or load main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher [message #1708657 is a reply to message #1708652] Fri, 18 September 2015 12:58 Go to previous message
Looks great, just what most OH1 developers will need. Only had to do a "Perform Setup Tasks" to get rid of the errors.
Previous Topic:Remove Quartz in favour of ScheduledExecutorService
Next Topic:Automation or Notifications
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:40:35 GMT 2024