|Re: Language parameter -nl does not work with the standalone help viewer [message #1708586 is a reply to message #1708574]
||Thu, 17 September 2015 16:59
| Jennifer Skiendzielewski
Registered: January 2010
Location: Boulder, CO
I've been fighting language issues with Eclipse for a long time. I usually run in InfoCenter mode, but maybe the issues are the same. Here's what I can tell you:|
If I run the help system on a server and access it from my laptop, I can use the browser language settings to change the language of the help framework and the content. (Provided that I have everything configured correctly.)
If I run the help system on my laptop and access it from my laptop, the framework and the content *always* display in the language that my operating system is running in (which is English).
If I run the help system from a CD inserted in my laptop, the framework and the content *always* display in English.
If I take the same CD and insert it in a machine that's running in Spanish, the framework and the content *always* display in Spanish.
So, it could be that you have everything set up correctly, but that French won't show up because your operating system is English.
Also, I've always understood that the -nl flag on the command was used to enable different languages, not to force the help system to use them. So if I installed English as my default language and added translations for Spanish, French, and Japanese, then started Eclipse with your command, only the default and French packages are available. If I change my browser (or operating system) to Spanish, I will still see English. But if I change that flag to -nl fr es ja, the other two languages would be available too. I could be interpreting that wrong, but that's how I've been using it.
Hope that's useful information.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01713 seconds