Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse hangs on "Loading Workbench" [SOLVED](eclipse/debian install problem)
Eclipse hangs on "Loading Workbench" [SOLVED] [message #1708469] Wed, 16 September 2015 20:06 Go to next message
Berten Vandebroek is currently offline Berten VandebroekFriend
Hi,

Running debian jessie and installed Eclipse using apt-get install eclipse. Everything worked as it's supposed to.

Then tried getting the Arduino-plugin to work. Tried several versions, nightly, ... Because eclipse started freezing and not starting anymore, I had to to a reinstall a couple of times by using apt-get remove and deleting the ~/.eclipse folder.

I gave up on the plugin, but now after reinstalling eclipse it just freezes during startup.
The splash screen says "Loading Workbench" and the console says: "I: Injected update sites"

I presume that I just need to delete the right folders/files, but wouldn't know which one(s).

Can anyone help me out, please?

[Updated on: Thu, 17 September 2015 12:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse hangs on "Loading Workbench" [message #1708551 is a reply to message #1708469] Thu, 17 September 2015 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Berten Vandebroek is currently offline Berten VandebroekFriend
Did an extensive find / -name '*eclipse*' and deleted everything. Everything is back up and running.
Re: Eclipse hangs on "Loading Workbench" [message #1708561 is a reply to message #1708551] Thu, 17 September 2015 13:06 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
For future reference, don't install Eclipse from any Linux package manager/repository - always just download from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ . You'll save yourself a lot of headaches.
Previous Topic:JVM not suitable
Next Topic:japanese support on eclipse CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:00:04 GMT 2024