Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » Question about APoCPath
Question about APoCPath [message #1708378] Wed, 16 September 2015 06:13 Go to next message
Michael Wang is currently offline Michael WangFriend
Hello,

Our team has built up the om2m in this kind of model : device(LinkitOne), gscl(raspberry pi), nscl(computer), user(web).
And here comes some questions that have bothered me for a long time.

1. In the architecture, what kind of things is considered to be built under the layer of "applications"?
In the Sample IPU example,there are three things under "applications" : LAMP_0, LAMP_1, LAMP_ALL. I guess they belong to "device" field but not the "sensor" field?
Also, I found there mustn't be same name under "applications.

2. Since I want to add more devices to my application when user wants to install that. Do different devices need to have different apocpath?
Cause even I gave them all the same name they can work.
In the Controller.java, I guess public String getAPOCPath method is the most important thing about apocpath in ipu.
If I want to give different devices different apocpath, it seems I need to revise this method to make it return different apocpath whenever doExecute method delivers different ipuId(apocpath).

Thanks for your reading.
These solutions will help me a lot.
Re: Question about APoCPath [message #1709856 is a reply to message #1708378] Thu, 01 October 2015 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guillaume Garzone is currently offline Guillaume GarzoneFriend
Hello,

1) In the smartM2M standard, your devices can be represented as an application in the architecture. Actually, the application resource can represented different objects such as devices or IPUs it-selves. We represented our devices as applications for simplicity in the IPU sample. So for instance, the lamp devices are represented as applications (LAMP_1, etc.). Also, there are different containers under these applications to store the description of the application and the data as content instances.

2) To add more devices to your system you can create new applications representing your devices. The apocpath represents the IPU that makes the interface between smartm2m and your physical devices. So ideally, you will have one IPU per technology used, and then applications representing your devices (that will use the same apocpath but have different names).

The apocpath is really important as you suggest because it allows the platform to route the requests to the right IPU that will execute them.

Hope these elements will help you,
Regards.

Guillaume
Re: Question about APoCPath [message #1713187 is a reply to message #1709856] Mon, 02 November 2015 08:08 Go to previous message
Michael Wang is currently offline Michael WangFriend
Thanks a lot.

I had already used the same ipu name for every sensor and they worked.

Thank for your replying!!
Previous Topic:Data Persistence in OM2M
Next Topic:OM2M & oneM2M
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:11:47 GMT 2024