Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Zest2 in E4 JavaFX Application
Zest2 in E4 JavaFX Application [message #1708357] Tue, 15 September 2015 20:34 Go to next message
Raydel Leyva Blanco is currently offline Raydel Leyva BlancoFriend
I'm doing a project with E4 and JavaFX, I want to display a graph using Zest2 but following the example AbstractZestExample need a Stage and do not see how I can use the FXViewer without creating a new scene. I want to put the viewer in a SplitPane in a specified position of the application.
Re: Zest2 in E4 JavaFX Application [message #1708490 is a reply to message #1708357] Thu, 17 September 2015 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
In GEF4 MVC 0.1.0, FXViewer was responsible for creating the scene, so that your use case can not be realized by using it. We have changed this for 0.2.0 (Mars.1), having exactly this use case in mind, so that the responsibility for creating the scene now lies within the responsibility of the client.

The respective changes to FXViewer are documented in https://wiki.eclipse.org/GEF/New_and_Noteworthy/3.10.1 (Fixed that FXViewer could not share a JavaFX scene) as well as https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=472646.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 September 2015 07:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Zest2 in E4 JavaFX Application [message #1710023 is a reply to message #1708490] Fri, 02 October 2015 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raydel Leyva Blanco is currently offline Raydel Leyva BlancoFriend
I dowloaded the GEF4-Update-3.10.1 and all is Ok, but when I run the ZestGraphExample I had the following error when I hide a node:

Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The given operation may not be null and must implement ITransactionalOperation.
at org.eclipse.gef4.mvc.operations.AbstractCompositeOperation.add(AbstractCompositeOperation.java:62)
at org.eclipse.gef4.zest.fx.policies.HideNodePolicy.hide(HideNodePolicy.java:47)
at org.eclipse.gef4.zest.fx.policies.HideFirstAnchorageOnClickPolicy.click(HideFirstAnchorageOnClickPolicy.java:42)
at org.eclipse.gef4.mvc.fx.tools.FXClickDragTool$1.press(FXClickDragTool.java:215)
at org.eclipse.gef4.fx.gestures.AbstractFXMouseDragGesture.onMousePress(AbstractFXMouseDragGesture.java:157)
at org.eclipse.gef4.fx.gestures.AbstractFXMouseDragGesture$1.handle(AbstractFXMouseDragGesture.java:45)
at org.eclipse.gef4.fx.gestures.AbstractFXMouseDragGesture$1.handle(AbstractFXMouseDragGesture.java:1)
at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Unknown Source)
at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Unknown Source)
at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$350(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$$Lambda$207/82805107.get(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$145(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication$$Lambda$44/264994850.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Re: Zest2 in E4 JavaFX Application [message #1710180 is a reply to message #1710023] Mon, 05 October 2015 08:30 Go to previous message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
Can you please open a bug, providing detailed step on how to reproduce this?
Previous Topic:Re: E4 plug-in's are not visible
Next Topic:[GEF4] Dynamic graph attributes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:55:25 GMT 2024