Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EEF] Default EEF model initialization(Unary composition relations)
[EEF] Default EEF model initialization [message #1707808] Wed, 09 September 2015 13:29
Francois Cabrol is currently offline Francois CabrolFriend
Hi everyone,

I am currently working on an EMF-based application based on an Ecore model, and I use EEF to display objects of my model as forms in the Properties view. The forms are generated using the Basic Properties Initializer. I am rather satisfied by this strategy, excepted that no field is generated for unary composition relations (I could not find any documentation about it, so I checked the code in org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.core.initializer.ViewTransformer.eStructuralFeature2ViewElement).

So I have the following questions:

- Why this strategy ? At first I thought it was a composition/reference problem, but multiple composition relations are taken into account, and in such cases an AdvancedTableComposition widget is generated in the EEF model. It there a problem with widget SingleCompositionEditor mentioned in the Editors table of the EEF documentation ?

- I successfully managed to create my custom Properties Initializer and declare it in a fragment, but I had to duplicate the code currently present in default implementation o.e.e.eef.c.c.i.PropertiesInitializer, because most of its methods and attributes are private. In fact, the only thing I would need is to implement a new behaviour for the ViewTransformer class without touching the PropertiesInitializer implementation. Is there a smarter way to achieve this ?

Thank you,

Fran├žois

[Updated on: Wed, 09 September 2015 13:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[Teneo] MappingException on embedded object after save/refresh/save cycle on parent object
Next Topic:[Texo] Annotation for array of TEXT EString values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 05 05:23:13 GMT 2020