Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » How can I choose the bundles to be added to a custom deb?
How can I choose the bundles to be added to a custom deb? [message #1707596] Mon, 07 September 2015 18:16 Go to next message
Lorenzo Carnevale is currently offline Lorenzo CarnevaleFriend
Hi guys,
I have made a plugin in pom.xml to create the deb package that willi be installed on my custom device. The process execute in good way.
Now i would like to add my prefer bundle in the deb but I can not find the configuration file suitable.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo Carnevale

email: lorenzocarnevale@gmail.com
Re: How can I choose the bundles to be added to a custom deb? [message #1707725 is a reply to message #1707596] Tue, 08 September 2015 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

Do you mean you are making a custom Debian package and would like to select the OSGi bundles to be included? If so, you will need to edit the ANT script [1] that move all the bundles into place. You will also need to modify the default config.ini [2]. This should get you headed in the right direction. Let me know if you have questions.

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/kura/blob/develop/kura/distrib/src/main/ant/build_equinox_distrib.xml
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/kura/blob/develop/kura/distrib/src/main/osgi/equinox_3.8.1/configuration/config.ini

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: How can I choose the bundles to be added to a custom deb? [message #1707766 is a reply to message #1707725] Wed, 09 September 2015 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Carnevale is currently offline Lorenzo CarnevaleFriend
Thank you David, your help was invaluable!

I would like to ask more questions about it.
In config.ini file, in the field osgi.bundle, each reference ends with different numbers (3 or 4 or 5). This what they mean?

Lorenzo Carnevale

email: lorenzocarnevale@gmail.com
Re: How can I choose the bundles to be added to a custom deb? [message #1708322 is a reply to message #1707766] Tue, 15 September 2015 13:38 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

Those numbers are the OSGi start levels for the bundles. I would recommend reading through the OSGi spec if you want information on start levels. If you want a quick overview, have a look at this [1].

[1] http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2009/06/10/osgi-and-start-levels/

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:How to modify Web UI
Next Topic:CloudClient subscribe to global topic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:23:52 GMT 2024