Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » String index out of range: -7(Wits are ended)
String index out of range: -7 [message #1707333] Thu, 03 September 2015 19:35
Oliver Scott is currently offline Oliver ScottFriend
Hi --
I've been having general errors all day long with workspace settings nonsense. Many of the errors have seemed non-reproducable, and when they can be reproduced in separate projects, the consequences of them seem inconsistent.

After a long day of what can hardly even be called debugging, The only issue I'm now experiencing is entries being made to the Error Log during build. This is the message being logged.
"Message: String index out of range: -7, Plug-in: org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core".

If I do a clean -- and delete the Debug folder -- a fresh build will only produce one of these entries. Building again after that and it seems to be a consistent 5 entries.

I'm very familiar with the implications of a bound error -- however after a fairly exhaustive search there doesn't show a single explanation as to what this particular error is (-7). The can be executed successfully, and unless I intentionally look in the error log, I'm no longer alerted during build/run. Literally all my code is commented out at this point -- and all other projects are closed.

Help is very, very appreciated.
Previous Topic:Eclipse C/C++ Editor
Next Topic:Editor bug?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:20:55 GMT 2024