Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Keeping UML model and source code consistent(Correct workflow to create an UML diagram, generate code from it, modify the code and reverse engineer the changes back into the model)
Keeping UML model and source code consistent [message #1707179] Wed, 02 September 2015 20:40
Michael Brahm is currently offline Michael BrahmFriend
I am pretty new to Papyrus and hope that someone can give me some advise about how to use the tool in the correct way.

I created a class diagram in a package called "Server" and generated the respective Java classes from the model.

What I did not find in a tutorial, or I did not understand it yet, is how to modify the generated classes and update the model again based on the changes. I would like to change the operation bodies to add the actual implementation, but it might also happen that some of the class attributes are changed.

When I use the "Java Reverse" function, I get two new packages: "generated" -> "Server". All classes that were previously generated from the model added another time.

When I use the "Java Reverse" function and set the "Default creation package" to "Server", I get another package named "Server" inside the already existing "Server" package. For this case, all classes exist two times in the model as well.

I think I am missing some basic understanding for the correct workflow.
Previous Topic:papyrus diagram export
Next Topic:Import UML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:53:06 GMT 2024