Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Parameterized report and parameter display when running the report(how to display a report parameter when running?)
icon5.gif   Parameterized report and parameter display when running the report [message #1706992] Tue, 01 September 2015 11:37 Go to next message
prue IIBO is currently offline prue IIBOFriend
Hello everybody

I use BIRT 4.4.2 and when I created a parameterized report, I defined for the report BIRT a parameter of type list box display with the data type string, the data set parameter with string type. And I connects the data set the parameter to the parameter of the report and I put a question mark at the request of the data set.

My concern is that when running the report there has an empty parameter selection page without text prompt parameter, nor the list box and nor execution error

Does anyone has an idea on how to appear when running the report parameter?

Thanks !
Re: Parameterized report and parameter display when runni ng the report [message #1707212 is a reply to message #1706992] Thu, 03 September 2015 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Colin Sutton is currently offline Colin SuttonFriend
IIBO <forums-noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> I use BIRT 4.4.2 and when I created a parameterized report, I defined for
> the report BIRT a parameter of type list box display with the data type
> string, the data set parameter with string type. And I connects the data
> set the parameter to the parameter of the report and I put a question
> mark at the request of the data set.
>
> My concern is that when running the report there has an empty parameter
> selection page without text prompt parameter, nor the list box and nor execution error

Your parameter is referencing 'Dataset' - should be 'Dataset1'
fisrtname should be firstname
fistname should be firstname

--
Colin
Re: Parameterized report and parameter display when runni ng the report [message #1707225 is a reply to message #1707212] Thu, 03 September 2015 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do not understand what you mean by your parameter refers to "Dataset" should be "Dataset1 '.
of which parameter you talking about? the parameter of the report or parameter dataset?

I explained again that I did
I first created a parameter report powered by a list of values from the "Dataset" which selects only the 'firstname'. I have attached the image of 'Dataset'.
After I created the parameter "Dataset1" connected to the parameter of the report because it is' Dataset1 'serving the whole report with the "firstname", "lastname", "address" and "total_sales'

So exactly what parameter do you want I connect to 'Dataset1' instead of 'Dataset'

thank you for the correction of 'firstname' but it is not that that really was the problem
Re: Parameterized report and parameter display when runni ng the report [message #1707573 is a reply to message #1707225] Mon, 07 September 2015 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
problem solved. It was the version of Internet Explorer 11 that prevented the display, so I uninstalled then, I installed version 8 and it works
Re: Parameterized report and parameter display when runni ng the report [message #1708592 is a reply to message #1707573] Thu, 17 September 2015 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cynthia Manor is currently offline Cynthia ManorFriend
I am having the same issue, and my employer uses IE 11. Do you know what versions of other browsers may work?

I tried setting Firefox as my default browser, but I still have the same issue.

I may just have to get our IT department to put IE 8 back on my computer, or whatever the previous version was. They recently upgraded to 11, and I think sometime after that is when the problems began.

Thank you.

Cynthia Manor
Austin, TX
Re: Parameterized report and parameter display when runni ng the report [message #1719794 is a reply to message #1708592] Tue, 12 January 2016 06:14 Go to previous message
Prasanna Rathinam is currently offline Prasanna RathinamFriend
Hai I need to give OR conition in Parameter in BIRT while running the report, Is it Possible to do it, Please Reply as soon as Possible, if it is Possible please let me know how to do it
Previous Topic:Sum problem
Next Topic: new version does not support older version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:39:40 GMT 2024