Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Finding dependencies of a package or file
Finding dependencies of a package or file [message #1706683] Fri, 28 August 2015 15:26
Tharpa Roberts is currently offline Tharpa RobertsFriend
I have a large project I've inherited, Hercules. A former employee added a new package to it before leaving, HornsOnARabbit. I need to remove HornsOnARabbit from Hercules, but I would like HornsOnARabbit to be a separate program.

HornsOnARabbit uses some of the code in Hercules. I have made a copy of Hercules, called it Horns, and have deleted HornsOnARabbit from Hercules.

Horns does not need all of the code it got from Hercules. What I was wondering if there is a tool to make it easier to find out what code in Horns that HornsOnARabbit does not depend on. At first I thought I could just delete files, and if HornsOnARabbit needed them, a red x would show in HornsOnARabbit. What I found, however, is that the red x's do not always cascade. So, for example, if HornsOnARabbit depends on OraUtil.java, it will not show a red x as long as OraUtil.java is present, even if OraUtil.java itself has red x's.

So is there a tool to make it easier to find out what code in Horns that HornsOnARabbit does or does not depend on.
Previous Topic:Custom visual representation showing origin to destination
Next Topic:Variable confusion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:21:16 GMT 2024