Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Altering Properties of Crosstab Grouping DataItem
Altering Properties of Crosstab Grouping DataItem [message #1706562] Thu, 27 August 2015 17:20
Paul Cooper is currently offline Paul CooperFriend
I have a crosstab with three user selectable top groupings and three user selectable left groupings. I am using code to attempt to modify the formatting of the groupings based on the fields the user selects in a set of parameters.

I have the code like this:

var groupingElement = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getDesignHandle().findElement("topGrouping1");
updateProperties("dataFormat", groupingElement.getProperty("numberFormat"), "###0{RoundingMode=HALF_DOWN}", "pattern")

groupingElement finds the element in question and updateProperties using a function I wrote to modify the property. This function works perfectly well elsewhere in my report on a dynamically created label that get added to a table:

var agg = elementFactory.newDataItem( null );
if(data_type == "Number") numFormat = updateProperties("dataFormat", agg.getProperty("numberFormat"), fieldInfo[8], "pattern");

When I use it on an existing dataitem (topGrouping1) in the crosstab the object groupingElement.getProperty("numberFormat") is null even though you can see it has the numberFormat property through Eclipse BIRT and I can see it in the cached properties of the dataElement sub-object when I view groupingElement variable in the debugger.

Is this because it exists already and is there anyway to get or alter the property via a different route?

Edit:
Additional Info:

1) updateProperties function
The updateProperties function takes the following arguments:

class: The name of the array of properties allowed
properties object: A properties object
value: This is either a value for the default property or a semi-colon delimited list of property name/value pairs.
default property: The property to use if no property name is specified. (see value above)

This function would to the properties object either set the default property with a single value or if the value is a delimited list work through each one and set all the properties given.

2) I may be able to workround this problem by using the getStyle().property_name method but I would need to write an function that takes the property name and sets the appropriate property. This would be an ineligant way to do this.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 August 2015 11:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Selectively Enable Huperlink on an Attribute value in BIRT
Next Topic:How to setup the Birt report's timeout ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:02:43 GMT 2024