Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SCADA » How to create an Eclipse project for an OPC DA interface?(Do not know how to create a simple example that communicates with an OPC DA simultor)
How to create an Eclipse project for an OPC DA interface? [message #1706291] Tue, 25 August 2015 13:27
Ahmet Ekrem SABAN is currently offline Ahmet Ekrem SABANFriend
Hello!

I am a consulter and started shortly in a project where we have to use both the OPC DA & the REST API. But in a first step, we decided to install Eclipse SCADA & make a communication with an OPC DA simulator. The first job is to install an Eclipse SCADA project, because SCADA includes both interfaces with pure Java & does not need any OS-specific code/resources like DLLs etc.

On the Web, I found a tutorial, but the page seems to be outdated. The enlisted resources such as this does not exist (anymore).

The error message of eclipse Kepler 4.3, not finding the resource, is:
Error Contacting Site
No software found at http://git.eclipse.org/c/eclipsedata/org.eclipse.scada.base.git.
Do you want to edit the location? [ No ] [ Yes ]

Same for the page at openSCADA, where I get the same error.

My problem is not only this link error. What I need is a simple tutorial that creates an appropriate Eclipse project & communicates with an OPC DA simulator.

What we have done sofar:

• Installed the Oracle VM VirtualBox Linux Debian to run near to Raspberry Pi
  • Installed the Oracle VM VirtualBox Windows 7 to run the
  • Installed a Windows 7 virtual machine to run the Matrikon OPC Simultor
  • Installed Eclipse Kepler 4.3, a it is said that Eclipse SCADA is running there
  • The Java 1.8 SE & its JDK

Do you know resources (like tutorials) for an OPC DA newbie? I found one on YouTube for a Modbus project, but it is not the one I need.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards!
Ekrem

[Updated on: Tue, 25 August 2015 13:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipsescada: importpackage error.
Next Topic:Extending the EclipseMagazine tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:16:53 GMT 2024