Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Gaps between rows of tabs
Gaps between rows of tabs [message #1706210] Mon, 24 August 2015 22:06
Kristin Stearns is currently offline Kristin StearnsFriend
Hello Eclipse community,

I'm about to have to finally switch to E4 or later so I can use Java 8. I've found some help on modifying the look & feel to be closer to what Indigo was, but I still can't find a resolve for my main issue between the two L&Fs.

I like to have my workspace set up with a row at the top that includes the Projects, Packages, Types and Members views, and a row at the bottom that has Console, Search, History and Problems. In Indigo, I can pull these down/up so that all that is visible is the tabs themselves, but with Kepler and on, the furthest I can shrink them still includes some of the space after the base of the tabs (most notable looking at 'Console' in the e4 picture, since I didn't have it filled with an actual project).

I've tried looking through the files in Eclipse, and searching, and can't find what I need. Does anyone know what I can modify to have E4 work like I used to in Indigo?

Since I'm not great at describing things, I included pictures of Indigo (e3.jpg) and Kepler (e4.jpg) with how I have my workspace set up.

Thanks!!!
  • Attachment: e3.jpg
    (Size: 84.26KB, Downloaded 132 times)
  • Attachment: e4.jpg
    (Size: 50.28KB, Downloaded 121 times)
Previous Topic:rename application package name in eclipse juno
Next Topic:Embed View inside Editor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:28:11 GMT 2024