Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Using a web application other than Stardust Portal
Using a web application other than Stardust Portal [message #1706044] Fri, 21 August 2015 11:25 Go to next message
susanta bera is currently offline susanta beraFriend
Hi

Is it possible to execute Stardust workflow model in a web application, other than Startdust Portal? (This web application is Flex based i.e. it takes XML as input).

If yes, then which part of the Stardust online documentation should be consulted?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Using a web application other than Stardust Portal [message #1706075 is a reply to message #1706044] Fri, 21 August 2015 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tanmoy Roy is currently offline Tanmoy RoyFriend
Hi Susanta,

What is the exact requirement here?
I guess you want to perform workflow execution from a different application, if this this the case then StarDust provide web services api to do various kind of operations.
Here is the list of services, http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.dev/html/handbooks/programming/pg-webservice-classes.html

Thanks,
Tanmoy Roy
Re: Using a web application other than Stardust Portal [message #1706132 is a reply to message #1706075] Mon, 24 August 2015 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
susanta bera is currently offline susanta beraFriend
Hi Tanmoy,

Provided web services APIs would help, I guess, to perform many operations as you have suggested.

But would those operations help to execute the whole model workflow as possible interactively through Stardust portal?

For example, I would like to execute the Support-Case example (the tutorial in Stardust online documentation 3.0.0) in a web application but not taking help of Stardust portal.

Am I clear? Would you please suggest any other part from Stardust online documentation other than web services API?

Thanks,
Re: Using a web application other than Stardust Portal [message #1706140 is a reply to message #1706132] Mon, 24 August 2015 07:18 Go to previous message
Tanmoy Roy is currently offline Tanmoy RoyFriend
Yes Susanta,
Even if you dont want to use Stardust portal still you can perform all operations like Start process, complete activities, suspend, Document attachment etc, through you code/application.
There are three ways to directly interact with Stardust engine,
1) Web Service API,
2) Spring remoting, http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.stardust.docs.spring%2Fhtml%2Fruntimesetup.html&resultof=%22spring%22%20%22remoting%22%20%22remot%22
3) Ejb mode, http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.stardust.docs.dev%2Fhtml%2Fhandbooks%2Fprogramming%2Fpg-webservice-classes.html

Thanks,
Tanmoy Roy
Previous Topic:Swift Functionality
Next Topic:Multi model audit trail setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:56:17 GMT 2024