Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Preserve representation of primitives after code formatting.
Preserve representation of primitives after code formatting. [message #1705495] Mon, 17 August 2015 07:52 Go to next message
Stephan Hildebrandt is currently offline Stephan HildebrandtFriend
Hi,

I have the following extension of the basic Xtext terminal definitions:

Integer returns ecore::ELong:
HEX | ('-')? INT;

terminal HEX:
'0x' ('0'..'9' | 'A'..'F')+;

I.e. integer values can be either represented as normal numbers or as hexadecimal numbers. However, in the corresponding value converter's toString() method, I want decide whether to print a number as a hexadecimal number depending on how that value was represented before, i.e. how the user chose to represent it. How can I achieve that? Currently, I always return the normal (base 10) representation, which leads to the code formatter replacing all hexadecimal values with their base 10 representations.

Best regards,

Stephan

P.S.: In my domain model, I do not want any distinction between hexadecimal numbers and normal numbers. Every number in the domain model is a long value.
Re: Preserve representation of primitives after code formatting. [message #1705497 is a reply to message #1705495] Mon, 17 August 2015 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

The original text is stored in the node model. You might be interested to evaluate it during serialization.
Re: Preserve representation of primitives after code formatting. [message #1705498 is a reply to message #1705497] Mon, 17 August 2015 08:01 Go to previous message
Stephan Hildebrandt is currently offline Stephan HildebrandtFriend
Thanks. But how can I access the node model during serialization? The value converter's toString() method only gets the value to be serialized as a parameter and by implementing the RuleSpecific interface I can access the grammar rule. But I do not know how to get a hold of the node model.
Previous Topic:setting org.eclipse.emf.ecore.factory_override
Next Topic:Grammar debugging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:42:44 GMT 2024