Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Aliasing supported-bridge-type-refs
Aliasing supported-bridge-type-refs [message #1705438] Sat, 15 August 2015 11:54 Go to next message
Chris Jackson is currently offline Chris JacksonFriend
I think it would be worth thinking about providing a way to alias the supported-bridge-type-refs configuration in thing-type. I can see a problem coming where we add a new bridge, and have to update hundreds of files to support this bridge...

eg in zwave, we currently have the serial USB stick as a bridge. But there is talk about new interface types. If we add this as a new bridge, then the 200+ zwave thing files will all need to be updated...

It's not a major issue, but it might be worth thinking about - or maybe there's already a way to do this?

Chris

Re: Aliasing supported-bridge-type-refs [message #1705525 is a reply to message #1705438] Mon, 17 August 2015 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Nobel is currently offline Dennis NobelFriend
No unfortunately, there is no other way to do it. What do you mean with aliasing? Giving two bridge types the same alias and then reference the alias?
Re: Aliasing supported-bridge-type-refs [message #1705594 is a reply to message #1705525] Mon, 17 August 2015 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Jackson is currently offline Chris JacksonFriend
Dennis Nobel wrote on Mon, 17 August 2015 12:45
What do you mean with aliasing?

I hand't thought about the details Smile

Without thinking about the details of implementation, I was thinking that we might have been able to specify a bridge-type (eg "zwave-controllers") that is then later specified somewhere else to include a number of bridge types that effectively allowed us to update the definition of "zwave-controllers" in a single place...

It was just a thought to avoid updating hundreds of files when a new bridge type is supported since I suspect that for most bindings, the supported bridge types will be the same for all thing-types that a binding supports (??).

Chris
Re: Aliasing supported-bridge-type-refs [message #1710938 is a reply to message #1705594] Sun, 11 October 2015 12:52 Go to previous message
Markus Rathgeb is currently offline Markus RathgebFriend

Perhaps just a workaround:

The bridge will be a Z-Wave controller (e.g. one of this USB devices). The bridge could need a configuration parameter of the special type (perhaps identified magically using USB product and vendor ID, a identifier read out of the serial communication) ... and create a special bridge implementation (all that implementations using the same base class).

Could this work?
Previous Topic:how to get a command or event von OpenHAB 2 ?
Next Topic:ZWave thing descriptions, and HABmin label conventions...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:50:31 GMT 2024