Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Can Papyrus show a list of all Associations of a Class?(Retrieving information about Classifiers)
Can Papyrus show a list of all Associations of a Class? [message #1704894] Mon, 10 August 2015 13:13 Go to next message
Richard Freggi is currently offline Richard FreggiFriend
Hello

Suppose I am working on a Class Diagram and I would like to have a list of all associations that a Class participates in, within the scope of the model.

Or I am working on a Use Case Diagram and I would like to have a list of all Use Cases that a specific Actor participates in within the scope of the model.

It would need to be real time by clicking on a view, not generating a report and looking thru it.

Is my understanding correct that this cannot be done in papyrus? Or maybe one can define a Profile that would support this functionality?

Thanks for any info.
Re: Can Papyrus show a list of all Associations of a Class? [message #1705150 is a reply to message #1704894] Wed, 12 August 2015 13:19 Go to previous message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Ri Fr,

What you are looking for is a query, so a profile would not help.

In as far as I know, there is currently no such explicit query. There is actually little related to traceability reporting (of which your request is an aspect) within the tool at this point.

However, all the information for both explicit and implicit traceability queries is in the model, so it should be possible to create such a query as you want using existing customization capabilities of the tool.

Although I am not familiar with it, Papyrus can also show model information as tables - perhaps there is a way to get to the information that way. But someone more familiar with that capability would have to chime in.

/Charles Rivet
Previous Topic:How to export diagrams as vector images (.svg, .pdf)
Next Topic:internal error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Feb 19 20:28:58 GMT 2020