Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » How to improve Drag&Drop?
How to improve Drag&Drop? [message #1704094] Fri, 07 August 2015 09:49
David Gonzalez is currently offline David GonzalezFriend
Hey guys,

we have a graphical editor that we realized with GEF. In this graphical editor you are able to create a process by dragging and dropping elements from the palette and connecting them.

One nice feature we have is to drag and drop an element on a transition which inserts this element on this position in the "chain".

The problem we have is that the area to drop the element from the palette is pretty hard to hit. The line itself has a width of 1px. Below the transition the drag area starts exactly where the line starts, so it's hard to hit it from below. Above the transition it's a bit easier because there is a small area of probably 16px. Which is nice because from this side it's much easier to hit the transition. The worst case is a vertical transition because on the sides left and right there is no extended drop area which makes it very hard to hit the transition.

My question is where I can influence this behaviour. I want to improve the user experience for the drag&drop and so I want to extend the drop area for the transition. Is this possible in GEF? If yes, where do I have to look? For a transition it seems to be harder than for an element that has a fixed size.

Cheers, David
Previous Topic:Moving bend points with source and target
Next Topic:Does anyone have a very simplee4 and GEF4 UI-integration example?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:25:39 GMT 2024