Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » MWE failing on referenced Ecore Model
MWE failing on referenced Ecore Model [message #1704076] Fri, 07 August 2015 08:10 Go to next message
Phil F. is currently offline Phil F.Friend
Hello,

1. I generated a plugin with a simple ecore model. I added the Xtext Nature to that projewct as well.

2. I used the wizard for generating an xtext project from that ecore model. I did that in the past for otehr models and things worked fine.

This time the MWE dioes not execute and bails out with:

49   [main] ERROR mf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher  - Problems instantiating module org.xtext.example.mydsl.MyDsl:

Does anyone know how to get around that issue. I am working with the latest Eclipse Mars.
Re: MWE failing on referenced Ecore Model [message #1704078 is a reply to message #1704076] Fri, 07 August 2015 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
what is the full trace?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: MWE failing on referenced Ecore Model [message #1704080 is a reply to message #1704078] Fri, 07 August 2015 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
0    [main] INFO  lipse.emf.mwe.utils.StandaloneSetup  - Registering platform uri 'D:\Projects\.......'
38   [main] ERROR mf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher  - Problems instantiating module org.xtext.example.mydsl.MyDsl: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.RuntimeException: Problems instantiating module org.xtext.example.mydsl.MyDsl: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:95)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:62)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.run(Mwe2Launcher.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.main(Mwe2Launcher.java:36)
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.common.util.WrappedException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.SettingProviderImpl$1$1.setValue(SettingProviderImpl.java:56)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.internalApplyAssignments(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.inCase(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:114)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.PolymorphicDispatcher.invoke(PolymorphicDispatcher.java:296)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.internalSwitch(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.internalApplyAssignments(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.inCase(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:114)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.PolymorphicDispatcher.invoke(PolymorphicDispatcher.java:296)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.internalSwitch(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.inCase(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:80)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.create(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:62)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:93)
	... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.SettingProviderImpl$1$1.setValue(SettingProviderImpl.java:54)
	... 29 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.ConfigurationException: Couldn't find an interface DataModel.DataModelPackage
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils.StandaloneSetup.addRegisterGeneratedEPackage(StandaloneSetup.java:430)
	... 34 more
Re: MWE failing on referenced Ecore Model [message #1704081 is a reply to message #1704080] Fri, 07 August 2015 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how does your workflow, grammar header and and manifest look like.
DataModel.DataModelPackage is your EPackage?

Re: MWE failing on referenced Ecore Model [message #1704084 is a reply to message #1704081] Fri, 07 August 2015 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Christian,

I am not able to show exactly the headers and files from my project. I tried to build an example reprodurcing this error, which does not work for now. I will try that again later on and psot it to this topic.

Thanks so far
Re: MWE failing on referenced Ecore Model [message #1704091 is a reply to message #1704084] Fri, 07 August 2015 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the moment it looks like my ecore model contained an empty package. Meaning no classes inside. Therefore no code got egnerated, and the according package was not found in the MWE. Entering a placeholder class helped.
Re: MWE failing on referenced Ecore Model [message #1704099 is a reply to message #1704091] Fri, 07 August 2015 10:25 Go to previous message
can you please file a bug

Previous Topic:Enabling backtrack option
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Disabling DSL metamodel source generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:27:08 GMT 2024