Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Weird errors from makefile
Weird errors from makefile [message #1704017] Thu, 06 August 2015 17:00
Barry Jones is currently offline Barry JonesFriend
Hi all, I am very new to eclipse and I have not touched c/c++ for a very long time. So unfortunately I have been so used to whacking open Visual Studio and having everything done for me.

Anyway back to the point. I have installed two eclipse plugins the first for this toolchain url launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded (url gnuarmeclipse.livius.net/) and the second for the avr toolchain ( url avr-eclipse.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/The_AVR_Eclipse_Plugin).

I have tried to create simple projects for both with one file main.c which does nothing more than include a main method and an empty while(1) loop.

However both of these are failing to compile with random error messages:

17:58:00 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project firstavr ****
make all
Building file: ../main.c
Invoking: AVR Compiler
avr-gcc -Wall -Os -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -std=gnu99 -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=18000000UL -MMD -MP -MF"main.d" -MT"main.d" -c -o "main.o" "../main.c"
make: *** [main.o] Error -1073741502

17:58:02 Build Finished (took 2s.263ms)

And...

17:58:22 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project firstarm ****
make all
Building file: ../src/main.c
Invoking: Cross ARM C Compiler
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g3 -std=gnu11 -MMD -MP -MF"src/main.d" -MT"src/main.o" -c -o "src/main.o" "../src/main.c"
make: *** [src/main.o] Error -1073741502

17:58:24 Build Finished (took 2s.213ms)

I think it may be something to do with eclipse or the makefile as when I run execute the compiler with the same parameters as shown in the output console above it works without an any error at all.

Any help would be massively appreciated. Thanks.
Previous Topic:Hello World debug works, run fails
Next Topic:No available error parser for gfortran 5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:23:48 GMT 2024