Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Conflict with the component names
Conflict with the component names [message #1703684] Tue, 04 August 2015 08:58 Go to next message
Romain Vianef is currently offline Romain VianefFriend
Hi everybody,

I think I have a conflict with the names of the components. Let me explain to you.
On the first window, I have a component described like this :
Component Type -> Text Input Component
Component Name -> ArgoLineClientV2R4_Text_1_txf

On another window, I have this :
Component Type -> Graphics Component

As you see, these components have the same name but are different type. With the first, I manage to write the word in. With the second, I want to extract a word but I can't.
So, I would like to know the reason. Is it because the components have the same name? Is it because the second component is a Graphics component ?

Thanks for your time.

Best regards.
Romain.
Re: Conflict with the component names [message #1703706 is a reply to message #1703684] Tue, 04 August 2015 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

is ArgoLineClientV2R4_Text_1_txf the component/logical name (the name you use when you are writing your tests) or is it the technical name (the name the developer gives this component)?
If it is the logical name does it make sense that it has the same name? Is it really the same logical component, i.e. does it fulfill the same functionality? If not I would suggest that these components should have different component names.
What do you mean by saying " I want to extract a word but I can't."
I think that it is not possible to read text from a Graphics Component so this should be the answer why you are not able to "extract a word" from

Component Type -> Graphics Component

Regards
Oliver

[Updated on: Tue, 04 August 2015 10:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Conflict with the component names [message #1703722 is a reply to message #1703706] Tue, 04 August 2015 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Oliver, thanks for your answer.

ArgoLineClientV2R4_Text_1_txf is the technical name, given by Jubula during the object mapping. In my program, I use different names of course.

These two components have different functionalities. With one, I write a word in; and with the other the software gives me an information (a word). With the second, i can only read the information and I need to take this information to put it in a String variable. So I tried to extract this information but I (my program) failed. I wanted to make a clic and make a copy of the word. But when I try to clic, my test fails.

I think it is because Jubula describes this component like a Graphics Component whereas in the software parameters, this component is a text field (in mode ReadOnly but a text field).
Here is my situation.

Regards.
Romain
Re: Conflict with the component names [message #1703802 is a reply to message #1703722] Wed, 05 August 2015 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Romain,

Can you post the HTML test result report (expanded so we can see the details) of the failing test, as well as a screenshot of the part of the application you're trying to test?

Thanks!
Alex
Re: Conflict with the component names [message #1703825 is a reply to message #1703802] Wed, 05 August 2015 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

where can I find the HTML report ?

With reference to the screen, it's the third element I try to get.
index.php/fa/22783/0/

Regards,
Romain
  • Attachment: screen1.PNG
    (Size: 4.92KB, Downloaded 375 times)
Re: Conflict with the component names [message #1703832 is a reply to message #1703825] Wed, 05 August 2015 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess it's that log you talked to.
  • Attachment: rc_rcp.log
    (Size: 232.77KB, Downloaded 96 times)
Re: Conflict with the component names [message #1703864 is a reply to message #1703832] Wed, 05 August 2015 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

you can Export the html test result Report from the Test Reporting Perspective.
Re: Conflict with the component names [message #1703951 is a reply to message #1703864] Thu, 06 August 2015 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Oliver,

sorry but how can I do that with Eclipse ?
My problem is not with the Jubula software because I can interact with the "component" but when I do the same thing using Eclipse, it don't work.

Jubula recognizes the component (in the screenshot) as a Graphics Component and I can use the method selectAll() with.
Under Eclipse, at this step of selection, the method fails. It is what I don't understand.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 August 2015 06:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Conflict with the component names [message #1703969 is a reply to message #1703951] Thu, 06 August 2015 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Romain,

thanks for the clarification. Have I understood correctly that your problem is:

You want to select the text from the component in the screenshot. When you use the ITE, you can perform "select all" on the component. When you use the Jubula Client API (to write tests in Java), you can't use the selectAll() method.

Please let me know if this is the correct description of the problem you are facing.

Please also provide some information on what the component is in a technical sense? Is it a label, a text field, a button? You may have to check the application code or ask a developer to tell you the fully qualified class name of the component. This will help us to tell you what actions should be performable on it.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Conflict with the component names [message #1703983 is a reply to message #1703969] Thu, 06 August 2015 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,
That's it. Sorry if my previous explanation wasn't clear.

First I want to "click" and after "selectAll". When I use the ITE, that's good. And with the Jubula Client API, when I click on the component, the test fails.

With reference to the component, I think it's a text field. For the ITE, it's a Graphics Component (no specification). In the parameters of the application, the component is a field (in reading mode, we can't write in).
And as additional information, we don't have the code source of the application.

Romain
Re: Conflict with the component names [message #1704093 is a reply to message #1703983] Fri, 07 August 2015 09:45 Go to previous message
Sebastian Struckmann is currently offline Sebastian StruckmannFriend
Hi Romain,
the concept of retrieving values from the AUT out of a CAP object is currently not supported because the concept of the needed variable store from the ITE was not carried to the Client API.

The only (disgusting) thing I can think of to be able to store a value would be to write a short method which uses "checkValue" with a dummy parameter. The actual value of the component is stored in the then occurring CheckFailedException and could be retrieved from there Confused
Previous Topic:Socket write error when launching a java swing aut
Next Topic:Ignoring regex on a parameter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:27:33 GMT 2024