Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Combining Xtext with GMF(Using Xtext to edit the labels in a GMF-based DSL)
Combining Xtext with GMF [message #1703357] Fri, 31 July 2015 05:05 Go to next message
AHOT Mising name is currently offline AHOT Mising nameFriend
Hello,
I am creating a graphical DSL for my thesis . I have already created the graphical part I need to edit the textual elements with Xtext.
I have tried unsuccessfully to follow the different hints found on the web. I read that an example is shipped with Eclipse but it seems to have been discontinued.
Could someone pls direct me to a link where I can find a step-by-step tutorial on how to integrate GMF and Xtext like there are for most EMF-based technologies?
**I hope I'm not creating a new thread for a question already answered. I have searched but could not find an answer on this forum.
Re: Combining Xtext with GMF [message #1703376 is a reply to message #1703357] Fri, 31 July 2015 07:59 Go to previous message
Stefan Oehme is currently offline Stefan OehmeFriend

Could you share what kind of integration you are thinking about?

From what I understand from your message, you have plain text parts in your graphical model where you would like to display a text editor? If so, have a look at the embedded editor of Xtext. There's lots of material on that, for instance Moritz' talk at XtextCon

Cheers,
Stefan
Previous Topic:Xbase: JvmFormalParameter and varargs
Next Topic:language inheritance and Xbase
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:07:36 GMT 2024