Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Database Manipulation
Database Manipulation [message #1703213] Wed, 29 July 2015 12:16 Go to next message
Robert Unknown is currently offline Robert UnknownFriend
Hey,

i'm working on a project which can be started in two different languages.
The text (for buttons, titles, ... ) is stored in an external language-file.

Now i want to test the application with Jubula, but i don't want to tip test data for both languages into the testcase. I want to write a testcase just for one languages and after this i will start an external Java-File for updating the data in the database (mysql).

The Java-File will check if their exist a testcase parameter which has no translated parameter and if so the Java-File will insert the respective translated parameter into the database.

My problem is that i don't know which tables & values has to be changed in the database.

Is someone here who did sth. like that ?
Is that even possible?
Re: Database Manipulation [message #1703223 is a reply to message #1703213] Wed, 29 July 2015 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

I am not sure if this is possible, at least I´ve never tried this myself or heard of anyone doing such things. Manipulating the DB however may lead to a broken project.
Do you want to use the same external language file that is used for the text of buttons etc. in the application for translating your testdata? Keep in mind that you would then test the application "against itself" which would not make much sense to me.
But maybe someone else in this forum has some experiences he/she would like to share.
Regards
Oliver
Re: Database Manipulation [message #1703228 is a reply to message #1703213] Wed, 29 July 2015 14:04 Go to previous message
Robert Unknown is currently offline Robert UnknownFriend
Thank you for your replay.
I will start this database update/insert just ones before any test is started. (If it is need i can start this java-file just when noone is using jubula or better the mysql database has no open connection )

Is their any way to perform such an database update?
Previous Topic:Extreme long execution time
Next Topic:Problem while connecting to the ORACLE Database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Feb 26 06:00:56 GMT 2024