Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » Restful web services interaction with OM2M platform(Restful web services interaction with OM2M platform)
Restful web services interaction with OM2M platform [message #1703195] Wed, 29 July 2015 09:21 Go to next message
Ray Bag is currently offline Ray BagFriend
Hello team,

I first want to thank you for this great platform. I'm currently testing it and I have some points that are not clear to me .

First, I have some restful web services that I would like to connect with GSCL, how could I do it ? Web services may authentify on GSCL like GAs ?

I'm also testing the Lamp plugin example and I don't understand difference between DATA and DESCRIPTION resources, is DESCRIPTION instance only a pointer to latest instance of DATA instances ? Is DATA resource a kind of log file or is it more complex than that ?

Thank you !
Best regards.
Rayhana.
Re: Restful web services interaction with OM2M platform [message #1703550 is a reply to message #1703195] Mon, 03 August 2015 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahdi Ben Alaya is currently offline Mahdi Ben AlayaFriend
Hello Ray,

You can use stand alone web services that interact with the platform as DA, GA or NA using HTTP or CoAP protocols.

Container resources enable to structure data inside an application:
- DESCRIPTION resource contains the description of the device: attribute (manufacturer, location, etc.) and operations (name, method, URI, etc.). This resource is useful for discovery by exposing the device meta-data to users and inform them about the available operations and how to trigger them.
Example:
<obj>
     <str name="location" val="Home"/>
     <op name="getValue" href="gscl/applications/MY_SENSOR/containers/DATA/contentInstances/latest/content" is="retrieve"/>
</obj>

- DATA resource contains the data generated by the device such as measurements e.g. temperature values, etc. Any user can get the entire collection of measurements; get the latest, the oldest or one specific data; or be notified only when new events happen.
Example:
<obj>
     <int name="data" val="27"/>
     <int name="unit" val="celsius"/>
</obj>

You can also add your own resources according to your scenario and requirements.

Thank you for your comment.

Best regards,
Mahdi

[Updated on: Tue, 04 August 2015 14:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Restful web services interaction with OM2M platform [message #1703687 is a reply to message #1703550] Tue, 04 August 2015 09:40 Go to previous message
Ray Bag is currently offline Ray BagFriend
Thank you Mahdi for your explanations ! it's clearer now.

Bests.
Previous Topic:Web services in OM2M
Next Topic:IPU Lamp Sample Plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:25:26 GMT 2024