Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Sirius viewpoint unavailable after eclipse restart(Requires removing and adding modeling nature to the project to fix it)
Sirius viewpoint unavailable after eclipse restart [message #1702667] Thu, 23 July 2015 23:58 Go to next message
Robert Scott is currently offline Robert ScottFriend
Messages: 15
Registered: June 2015
Junior Member
I have a similar problem to message #398154
Anytime I restart eclipse I can no longer enable the viewpoint for the project. If I remove and then add the modeling project nature then the viewpoint is available again. This is a problem for my users.

detail:
From eclipse run-time workspace I created an emf genmodel from based on an XSD then generate-all and and export as deployable plugins and fragments. I deployed these to eclipse plugin directory. I also created a Sirius diagram description.

Next I create a modeling project and a model using the new example wizard for my model. I can enable the my Sirius viewpoint for the project until I close the project and re-open it or until I restart eclipse.

When I restart eclipse the model explorer will show the model as expandable
but when I try to expand it, another window shows "...loading models: loading referenced models of representations.aird" after which the model is no longer displayed as expandable in the explorer. Also the viewpoint is not listed to enable for the project.

To fix the problem I can simply use project->configure to remove and then add the modeling project nature to the project. Then everything works as it should.
This is a serious inconvenience to my users to do everythime they restart Eclipse.

Any help would be greatly apreciated. I've been looking into this for some time with no luck.

Thanks
Re: Sirius viewpoint unavailable after eclipse restart [message #1702706 is a reply to message #1702667] Fri, 24 July 2015 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Messages: 500
Registered: July 2009
Location: Nantes, France
Senior Member
Hi Robert,


Le 24/07/2015 01:58, Robert Scott a écrit :
> I have a similar problem to message #398154
> Anytime I restart eclipse I can no longer enable the viewpoint for the
> project. If I remove and then add the modeling project nature then the
> viewpoint is available again. This is a problem for my users.
> detail:
> From eclipse run-time workspace I created an emf genmodel from based on
> an XSD then generate-all and and export as deployable plugins and
> fragments. I deployed these to eclipse plugin directory. I also
> created a Sirius diagram description.
>
> Next I create a modeling project and a model using the new example
> wizard for my model. I can enable the my Sirius viewpoint for the
> project until I close the project and re-open it or until I restart
> eclipse.
> When I restart eclipse the model explorer will show the model as
> expandable but when I try to expand it, another window shows "...loading
> models: loading referenced models of representations.aird" after which
> the model is no longer displayed as expandable in the explorer. Also
> the viewpoint is not listed to enable for the project.
> To fix the problem I can simply use project->configure to remove and
> then add the modeling project nature to the project. Then everything
> works as it should.
> This is a serious inconvenience to my users to do everythime they
> restart Eclipse.

Which version of Sirius do you use ?

Bug 432133 [1] has been corrected for Sirius 3.0.0 (released with Mars).

The reproduction scenario described in the issue is very close to yours.


>
> Any help would be greatly apreciated. I've been looking into this for
> some time with no luck.
>
> Thanks


Regards

--
Maxime - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
--
[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=432133


Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Sirius viewpoint unavailable after eclipse restart [message #1702952 is a reply to message #1702667] Mon, 27 July 2015 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Messages: 1771
Registered: July 2009
Location: Firenze, Italy
Senior Member
On 24/07/2015 01:58, Robert Scott wrote:
> I have a similar problem to message #398154
> Anytime I restart eclipse I can no longer enable the viewpoint for the
> project. If I remove and then add the modeling project nature then the
> viewpoint is available again. This is a problem for my users.
> detail:
> From eclipse run-time workspace I created an emf genmodel from based on
> an XSD then generate-all and and export as deployable plugins and
> fragments. I deployed these to eclipse plugin directory. I also
> created a Sirius diagram description.
>
> Next I create a modeling project and a model using the new example
> wizard for my model. I can enable the my Sirius viewpoint for the
> project until I close the project and re-open it or until I restart
> eclipse.
> When I restart eclipse the model explorer will show the model as
> expandable but when I try to expand it, another window shows "...loading
> models: loading referenced models of representations.aird" after which
> the model is no longer displayed as expandable in the explorer. Also
> the viewpoint is not listed to enable for the project.
> To fix the problem I can simply use project->configure to remove and
> then add the modeling project nature to the project. Then everything
> works as it should.
> This is a serious inconvenience to my users to do everythime they
> restart Eclipse.
>
> Any help would be greatly apreciated. I've been looking into this for
> some time with no luck.
>
> Thanks

Hi

this looks like similar to
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1059921/ and in my case, even
with Sirius 3.0.0 I still now and then experience the same problem...

Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book


Re: Sirius viewpoint unavailable after eclipse restart [message #1702960 is a reply to message #1702952] Mon, 27 July 2015 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Messages: 500
Registered: July 2009
Location: Nantes, France
Senior Member
Hi Lorenzo,


Le 27/07/2015 16:37, Lorenzo Bettini a écrit :
> On 24/07/2015 01:58, Robert Scott wrote:
>> I have a similar problem to message #398154
>> Anytime I restart eclipse I can no longer enable the viewpoint for the
>> project. If I remove and then add the modeling project nature then the
>> viewpoint is available again. This is a problem for my users.
>> detail:
>> From eclipse run-time workspace I created an emf genmodel from based on
>> an XSD then generate-all and and export as deployable plugins and
>> fragments. I deployed these to eclipse plugin directory. I also
>> created a Sirius diagram description.
>>
>> Next I create a modeling project and a model using the new example
>> wizard for my model. I can enable the my Sirius viewpoint for the
>> project until I close the project and re-open it or until I restart
>> eclipse.
>> When I restart eclipse the model explorer will show the model as
>> expandable but when I try to expand it, another window shows "...loading
>> models: loading referenced models of representations.aird" after which
>> the model is no longer displayed as expandable in the explorer. Also
>> the viewpoint is not listed to enable for the project.
>> To fix the problem I can simply use project->configure to remove and
>> then add the modeling project nature to the project. Then everything
>> works as it should.
>> This is a serious inconvenience to my users to do everythime they
>> restart Eclipse.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly apreciated. I've been looking into this for
>> some time with no luck.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Hi
>
> this looks like similar to
> https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1059921/ and in my case, even
> with Sirius 3.0.0 I still now and then experience the same problem...
>
> Lorenzo
>


Robert's issue seems to come from the XSD based metamodel is supposed to
be corrected Bug 432133 [1].

For your forum message, you told us a few month ago that you would like
to do some experiments before filling a bug: did you find something ?

Regards

--
Maxime - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
--
[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=432133
[2] https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1059921/


Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Sirius viewpoint unavailable after eclipse restart [message #1703004 is a reply to message #1702706] Mon, 27 July 2015 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Scott is currently offline Robert ScottFriend
Messages: 15
Registered: June 2015
Junior Member
Thanks for the reply. I was using Sirius 2.02. The problem is resolved with Sirius 3.0 although I still have a problem with the diagram that was created cannot be opened after eclipse restart of project close/re-open. I will look into possible issues with my plugin build and deployment I am using Sirius 3.0 on Luna SR-2. Thanks again.
Re: Sirius viewpoint unavailable after eclipse restart [message #1703273 is a reply to message #1702960] Thu, 30 July 2015 08:10 Go to previous message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Messages: 1771
Registered: July 2009
Location: Firenze, Italy
Senior Member
On 27/07/2015 16:58, Maxime Porhel wrote:
>
> Robert's issue seems to come from the XSD based metamodel is supposed to
> be corrected Bug 432133 [1].
>
> For your forum message, you told us a few month ago that you would like
> to do some experiments before filling a bug: did you find something ?
>

Hi

I still haven't had time to experiment further, and the project is not
public yet (I hope I'll make it public really soon).

I wonder if this seldom problem maybe due to my genmodel: when I open it
in the genmodel editor I have several problems of the shape "the
opposite must be a feature of the reference's type" (I imported the
ecore from UML); I can still generate Java code though. Does Sirius
uses the genmodel somehow?

cheers
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book


Previous Topic:cannot reopen diagram representation after eclipse restart
Next Topic:HELP Event-driven Process Chain
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Jan 18 17:47:03 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01556 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top