Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Password authentication fails for PostgreSQL server connection
Password authentication fails for PostgreSQL server connection [message #1702640] Thu, 23 July 2015 16:45 Go to next message
Linda Peirce is currently offline Linda PeirceFriend

I'm setting up a data connection to a PostgreSQL server (hosted on AWS) from BIRT on my Windows 7 machine. I downloaded and set up the PostgreSQL driver. My database connection fields now look like:
Driver class: org.postgresql.Driver (v9.1)
Database url: jdbc:postgresql://url:port/database_name
User name: xxxxxx
Password: xxxxxx

When I test the connection, I get the following error message:

There is an error in get connection, FATAL: password authentication failed for user "xxxxxx".

However, I'm CERTAIN I have my username and password entered correctly. We have fiddled with TCPIP settings (and restarted the database server) to no avail. Any idea what might be hindering my data source connection?
Re: Password authentication fails for PostgreSQL server connection [message #1704050 is a reply to message #1702640] Thu, 06 August 2015 21:15 Go to previous message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
Can you connect using a tool such as Pgadmin on the same machine as the designer?
Have you checked the logs on the PostgreSQL side?
Usually PostgreSQL is setup by default to only accept connections for a specific IP Address range. If your IP Address is not within that range it will not allow a connection.
You should be able to get a more details message about the failure from the PostgreSQL log files.
Previous Topic:BIRT Report Fails (Just shows frame)
Next Topic:BIRT Report Viewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:31:18 GMT 2024