Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Does BIRT integrate with Windows AD?(BIRT Security)
icon7.gif  Does BIRT integrate with Windows AD? [message #1702635] Thu, 23 July 2015 16:08 Go to next message
Manish Sood is currently offline Manish SoodFriend
I'm new to BIRT and wish to create some dashboards for my client so that employees are able to login to BIRT using Windows AD authentication. I plan to install BIRT on Windows Server 2012, and would like Windows AD to authenticate the user in BIRT. For example, when a user opens BIRT, he should be authenticated based on his windows ID, and accordingly display charts or data based on security setup within BIRT for that user. Is this possible? Does BIRT integrate with Windows AD (as that would be the starting point)? Or does BIRT use Anonymous login?
(I'm a user of Cognos and this is possible in Cognos). I'm having a hard time finding detailed information on BIRT security.
Also, I do not wish to use the iHub version of BIRT from Opentext because that is not free over 50MB. I intend to use the free version from eclipse.

Thanks
Re: Does BIRT integrate with Windows AD? [message #1702643 is a reply to message #1702635] Thu, 23 July 2015 17:17 Go to previous message
Jerry Sheets is currently offline Jerry SheetsFriend
Security is only available in the Commercial versions of BIRT
Previous Topic:Group Footer not printing the calculated values correctly
Next Topic:Loads locally but not on server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:50:05 GMT 2024