Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Merge referenced pseudo conflicts results in defect model
Merge referenced pseudo conflicts results in defect model [message #1702191] Mon, 20 July 2015 14:22 Go to next message
Benjamin Schwertfeger is currently offline Benjamin SchwertfegerFriend
Hi,
I tried to merge two files with ancestor, where a new element was added on both sides:
Ancestor is empty.

Right has new EObjects:
Wheel (size: 2'')
Vehicle (name: car) -> Wheel

Left has new EObjects:
Wheel (size: 2'')
Vehicle (name:truck) -> Wheel

Leads to pseudo conflict because of the new wheels and a the vehicle changes. After merging the car to the left, the truck has no wheel anymore. I have a more complex scenario, where the wheel has also some eOpposite references which shows, that the wheel is removed on the left while merging. And added from the right again.

Is this the designed behavior of pseudo conflicting merges? I would expect no changes for wheel both vehicles referencing the same instance afterwards.

Thanks
Benjamin
Re: Merge referenced pseudo conflicts results in defect model [message #1702564 is a reply to message #1702191] Thu, 23 July 2015 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi Benjamin,

No, it is not expected Smile. Pseudo-conflicts merges shouldn't end up modifying the model in any way. COuld you raise a bugzilla entry with a sample model with which we could reproduce and track this down?

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: Merge referenced pseudo conflicts results in defect model [message #1702596 is a reply to message #1702564] Thu, 23 July 2015 13:02 Go to previous message
Benjamin Schwertfeger is currently offline Benjamin SchwertfegerFriend
Hi Laurent,
thanks for your answer. I tried to reproduce it with ecore files and failed. It must depent somehow on matches, diffs and dependencies in my model. If both attributes in ecore have the same name, the attribute is matched and let to a real conflict.

I will investigate and write again, if I know more details.

Thanks
Benjamin
Previous Topic:[EMF Compare] Is there any way to tweak matching phase?
Next Topic:Support for Containment Proxies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:37:59 GMT 2024