Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » p2 "Check for update failed unexpectedly"
p2 "Check for update failed unexpectedly" [message #1702113] Mon, 20 July 2015 00:35 Go to next message
Jeyhun MAMEDOV is currently offline Jeyhun MAMEDOVFriend
Hi

I am implementing p2 update for my application (followed tutorial on https://blog.codecentric.de/en/2015/04/add-p2-update-functionality-to-an-efxclipse-application-eclipse-rcp-cookbook/)
Application finds update (tells that there are updates for my product) but gives an error
"Check for update failed unexpectedly". Thats all. Nothing more. How can I debug? I can not test under Eclipse. What should I do?

Ubuntu 14.10, JDK 1.8-45, Mars Efxclipse 2.0.0

By the way thank you very much Tom, for all answers you give. I really appreciate your help.
Re: p2 "Check for update failed unexpectedly" [message #1702142 is a reply to message #1702113] Mon, 20 July 2015 09:54 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
There should be some more information, as the causing exception is included in the wrapping StatusException.

To debug have a look at UpdateServiceImpl#checkUpdate() where the exception is raised.

You could for example register a listener onException() to your UpdateService#checkUpdate() to get more information about the raised StatusException.
Previous Topic:e(fx)clipse update sites
Next Topic:e(fx) and GUI-Testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:20:18 GMT 2024