Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Bug: CDT doesn't scan included files for variable definitions
Bug: CDT doesn't scan included files for variable definitions [message #1702015] Fri, 17 July 2015 13:31 Go to next message
Peter Richards is currently offline Peter RichardsFriend
As I have reported in the following thread, CDT doesn't know about variables that are defined in included files:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1068310&goto=1701272&#msg_1701272

Unfortunately those variables are marked as errors in the editor, and code completion is impossible.

Is there any chance that this bug will be fixed? Although the thread above has been viewed more than 1500 times, there seems to be no interest or understanding of the problem.

Is a workaround possible? I could imagine something like
#ifdef PARSEDBYCDT
Something something; //dummy defines to make variables known to CDT
#endif

Is there any #define that will be set by the CDT parser, so that I could add such a block which is only visible to CDT, not to the compiler?

Thank you
Peter
Re: Bug: CDT doesn't scan included files for variable definitions [message #1702032 is a reply to message #1702015] Fri, 17 July 2015 17:11 Go to previous message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Quote:
Is there any #define that will be set by the CDT parser, so that I could add such a block which is only visible to CDT, not to the compiler?

Yes:
__CDT_PARSER__

regards

Previous Topic:Switching Build Configurations has no effects on folder Filters
Next Topic:Eclipse after 3.7 crushed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:20:24 GMT 2024