Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Unable to generate separate project in SimpleProjectWizardFragment(On using the SimpleProjectWizardFragment a different project is not created)
Unable to generate separate project in SimpleProjectWizardFragment [message #1701869] Thu, 16 July 2015 10:43 Go to next message
Puneet Patwari is currently offline Puneet PatwariFriend
Hi all

I have used the SimpleProjectWizardFragment in my workflow for the grammar. Please see below:

fragment = projectWizard.SimpleProjectWizardFragment auto-inject {
			 		fileExtension=fileExtensions
					generatorProjectName = "${projectName}.generator" 
			 }

So what I am getting is a "wizard" package in myGrammar.ui project. But it should have created a myGrammar.generator project which aint the case. Though on running the DSL, I can create myGrammar specific DSL project but in the Manifest file there is a dependency on myGrammar.generator project producing errors.

So, Can you help me with the problem, why isn't the generator workflow not producing a separate project for SimpleProjectWizardFragment ?

Thanks
Puneet
Re: Unable to generate separate project in SimpleProjectWizardFragment [message #1701871 is a reply to message #1701869] Thu, 16 July 2015 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
i think you expect the wrong thing. it only asumes there is that generator project already there

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Unable to generate separate project in SimpleProjectWizardFragment [message #1701875 is a reply to message #1701871] Thu, 16 July 2015 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH OH.. Okay. Thanks. So, I guess I will have to create an empty plugin project named "myGrammar.generator" and add xtext nature to it.? I am trying it but still the respective projectWizard specific code is getting generated in myGrammer.ui project. Sad
Please can you tell what will be the specific property of the myGrammar.generator project? Meanwhile, I am trying to do it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Unable to generate separate project in SimpleProjectWizardFragment [message #1701880 is a reply to message #1701875] Thu, 16 July 2015 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have to merge plugin.xml_gen to plugin.xml to see the wizard runnung.
i thing the property is leagacy

Re: Unable to generate separate project in SimpleProjectWizardFragment [message #1701954 is a reply to message #1701880] Fri, 17 July 2015 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian, the project wizard is running in the new runtime Eclipse Instance. I had merged the plugin.xml_gen to plugin.xmI. But I want to generate the wizard code in myGrammar.generator project and not in myGrammar.ui project.
How can I achieve this?
Re: Unable to generate separate project in SimpleProjectWizardFragment [message #1701956 is a reply to message #1701954] Fri, 17 July 2015 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why do you want to do that. i do not know if this is possible at all. you have to digg into the fragment code yourself

Re: Unable to generate separate project in SimpleProjectWizardFragment [message #1701965 is a reply to message #1701956] Fri, 17 July 2015 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok Christian, then I have one doubt. What is the use of this line
 generatorProjectName = "${projectName}.generator"  
in SimpleProjectWizardFragment. As i understood from your first message it checks that if there is a project named myGrammar.generator. But if the fragment generates code in myGrammar.ui project then what is the use of myGrammar.generator project?

I am sure I am confused but I hope that I am not confusing you. I am really sorry in that case. Very Happy
I have been working on xtext for the last 8-9 months now. I want to understand as much things as possible. Smile

Thanks again.
Re: Unable to generate separate project in SimpleProjectWizardFragment [message #1701984 is a reply to message #1701965] Fri, 17 July 2015 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is outdated i think. i have not the time to read the sourcecode of the fragment this is why i asked you to do that.

Re: Unable to generate separate project in SimpleProjectWizardFragment [message #1702010 is a reply to message #1701984] Fri, 17 July 2015 12:30 Go to previous message
Okay Christian. Actually I was going through the source code of the fragment. Could not yet figure out what can be done. Anyway I will try to look something deeper. In the meanwhile I came across this link : http://jevopisdeveloperblog.blogspot.fr/2011/02/extract-xtext-project-wizard.html
It would be great if you can comment on what is being done in that link is what i need to do. Smile

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 July 2015 12:31]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Configure Xtext Artifact Generation
Next Topic:Testing multiple Xtext Dsl's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:31:30 GMT 2024