Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » Java client: Trouble connecting to CloudMQTT server with username password
Java client: Trouble connecting to CloudMQTT server with username password [message #1701306] Fri, 10 July 2015 18:16 Go to next message
Steve Golton is currently offline Steve GoltonFriend
I'm having some trouble using the Eclipse Paho async MQTT client with a CloudMQTT server instance running under Android. Is this the correct way to specify username / passwords?

mClient = new MqttAsyncClient( "tcp://xxx.cloudmqtt.com:11729", "TestGuy", new MemoryPersistence() );

// Set up connection options
connOpts = new MqttConnectOptions();

connOpts.setCleanSession( true );
connOpts.setUserName( "usr" );
connOpts.setPassword( "pwd".toCharArray() );

// Attempt to connect
mClient.connect( connOpts, this );

I keep getting "Not authorized to connect" in my onFailure() handler.

I can connect absolutely fine using the mosquitto_pub & sub tools, the M2Mqtt .NET client, the Paho C client and the "MyMQTT" Android app running on the same phone I am trying to connect from using the above code.

I am running the latest version "org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3-1.0.2.jar"

Thank you
Re: Java client: Trouble connecting to CloudMQTT server with username password [message #1702148 is a reply to message #1701306] Mon, 20 July 2015 10:34 Go to previous message
Ian Craggs is currently offline Ian CraggsFriend
I'm not aware of anything special you should need to do. The only factor that immediately springs to mind is the encoding, of user name or password. Do you have any message from the cloud server that explains what problem it is having?
Previous Topic:Listening to token from connect call
Next Topic:How to resolve "Persistence already in use (32200)"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:31:08 GMT 2024