Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT web service REST (JSON)
BIRT web service REST (JSON) [message #1701278] Fri, 10 July 2015 12:37 Go to next message
Hugo Araujo is currently offline Hugo AraujoFriend
hello, i am sorry if this topic is already open.
i have an web service that was create i think in JSON and uses the REST protocol, and i want to connect to (see attachement)
If i put this link in the browser i can access it (i have to put a username and a password - that i can give to you guys to test it), when i create the data source web service data source i dont have the wsld and i put the link in the SOAP END POINT and i test the connection and i have PING succedded but i dont put the username and the password anywhere and when i create the data set i cannot see my data values.

i already put jar files in my eclipse folder:
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.restapi.ui_1.0.0.201211251034
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.restapi_1.0.0.201211251034

and then in my eclipse data source was created a new entry Restapi Data Source, then i put the link in the HttpRequest and when i test the connection it ask me for a username and a password but i couldn´t connect.

please help me

this is my web service structure:

{

"Product code": integer,

"Product name": string,

"Supplier": string,

"Quantity": integer

}

Please notice that i did not develope the web service. If you want i can give you the username and password.

thank you
Re: BIRT web service REST (JSON) [message #1704036 is a reply to message #1701278] Thu, 06 August 2015 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
Are you still needing assistance with this issue?
Do you see any errors after entering the username and password with the REST ODA when it doesn't work?
Re: BIRT web service REST (JSON) [message #1785281 is a reply to message #1701278] Thu, 12 April 2018 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tashi Wangchuk is currently offline Tashi WangchukFriend
Going through this same issue. Are you able to find a solution?

I am using the REST API Oda plugin for Birt.

However, while creating the data source from an API, and trying to test connection through the httpRequests, it gives a ping failed message with following error message:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.restapi.impl.Connection.open(Connection.java:50)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.open(OdaConnection.java:250)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.profile.OdaConnectionWrapper.open(OdaConnectionWrapper.java:209)

... 47 more

Would be of immense help if you guys can help me out here. It is almost 3 weeks now that I am stuck on this.
Re: BIRT web service REST (JSON) [message #1831822 is a reply to message #1704036] Mon, 31 August 2020 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malti  Gumber is currently offline Malti GumberFriend
Hi,

I am also using the REST API Oda plugin. Could anyone please suggest how can I authenticate the restAPI in birt using username/password or passing a token key in header. currently, if at API side I remove authentication scenario, I am successfully able to make rest API connection using restAPI data source. In short, data being sent from API is validated. I am stuck with authentication part in BIRT.

Please suggest me the way out.

Looking forward for your reply. Thanks
Re: BIRT web service REST (JSON) [message #1832324 is a reply to message #1701278] Wed, 16 September 2020 10:50 Go to previous message
Malti  Gumber is currently offline Malti GumberFriend
Hi,

I am using ODA rest API plugin in BIRT to create data source and datasets. I noticed that while running the BIRT report, it calls the API multiple times( 1 for data source+1 per dataset). So, if, there are more than one datasets, it calls the API those many times for same data.

Please suggest me the way out to avoid these extra API calls.

Looking forward for response.
Previous Topic:gRPC support
Next Topic:Passing parameter in Xpath expression in Row mapping of Data set
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:49:02 GMT 2024