Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Necessary plugins for Sirius
Necessary plugins for Sirius [message #1701189] Thu, 09 July 2015 18:24 Go to next message
Philipp Heisig is currently offline Philipp HeisigFriend
Messages: 26
Registered: November 2014
Junior Member
Hi,

I just started with Sirius and wonder which plugins are necessary to run a viewpointspec. I modeled my meta model with Xcore. Out of this, I generated then an ecore and genmodel, while the .edit plugin is already provided by Xcore. Does Sirius also depend on the .editor plugin?
Within the Viewpontspec I was able to ref elements form the ecore so far.

Cheers,
Phil
Re: Necessary plugins for Sirius [message #1701255 is a reply to message #1701189] Fri, 10 July 2015 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Messages: 267
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Le 09/07/2015 20:24, Phil Hei a écrit :
> Hi,
>
Hi,

> I just started with Sirius and wonder which plugins are necessary to run
> a viewpointspec. I modeled my meta model with Xcore. Out of this, I
> generated then an ecore and genmodel, while the .edit plugin is already
> provided by Xcore. Does Sirius also depend on the .editor plugin?
> Within the Viewpontspec I was able to ref elements form the ecore so far.
>
> Cheers,
> Phil

For you, a "viewpointspec" is A Viewpoint Specification Project?

Sirius depends only on meta-model project.

The ".edit" project is better to have "beautiful" icons.
The ".editor" project allow you to create easily an new model.
But this 2 last projects are not strictly necessary for Sirius.

Regards,

--
Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius


Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Necessary plugins for Sirius [message #1701455 is a reply to message #1701255] Mon, 13 July 2015 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philipp Heisig is currently offline Philipp HeisigFriend
Messages: 26
Registered: November 2014
Junior Member
Laurent Redor wrote on Fri, 10 July 2015 09:26
Le 09/07/2015
The ".edit" project is better to have "beautiful" icons.
The ".editor" project allow you to create easily an new model.
But this 2 last projects are not strictly necessary for Sirius.


Thx for the quick response!

- What do you mean with ""beautiful" icons"? Do you have an example from the editor? Where will the icons be used? Within the Tool Palette and Treeview?

- And what is meant by "create easily a new model"? I thought when I change my metamodel, I'll create a new model?

Cheers,
Phil


Re: Necessary plugins for Sirius [message #1701722 is a reply to message #1701455] Wed, 15 July 2015 09:07 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Messages: 497
Registered: May 2011
Senior Member
Le 13/07/2015 16:03, Phil Hei a écrit :
> Laurent Redor wrote on Fri, 10 July 2015 09:26
>> Le 09/07/2015 The ".edit" project is better to have "beautiful" icons.
>> The ".editor" project allow you to create easily an new model.
>> But this 2 last projects are not strictly necessary for Sirius.
>
>
> Thx for the quick response!
> - What do you mean with ""beautiful" icons"? Do you have an example from
> the editor? Where will the icons be used? Within the Tool Palette and
> Treeview?
In the .edit you have generated default icons. You can replace them by
your own "beautiful icons" and they will be used pretty much everywhere,
palette, editors, properties view.
>
> - And what is meant by "create easily a new model"? I thought when I
> change my metamodel, I'll create a new model?
The .editor provides generated wizards and a default editor to manage
your model.

Note that this is not Sirius fonctionalities but EMF[1] ones.

Regards,
Steve

[1] https://eclipse.org/modeling/emf/
>
> Cheers,
> Phil
>
>
>


--
Steve Monnier - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius


Steve Monnier - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:sirius and version control of created models
Next Topic:Is there support for dynamically generated / updated VSMs?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Jan 17 19:14:12 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01656 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top