Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Not able to record login screen using RCPTT(Not able to record login screen using RCPTT)
Not able to record login screen using RCPTT [message #1700773] Tue, 07 July 2015 06:43 Go to next message
thangam rajadurai is currently offline thangam rajaduraiFriend
I am new to RCPTT and I am trying to automate eclipse based application. When I try to record the test case, inputs to login screen is not getting recorded, also i am not able to access the control panel and login window is not allowing me to navigate to it. Please let me know how to resolve this issue.
Re: Not able to record login screen using RCPTT [message #1709572 is a reply to message #1700773] Tue, 29 September 2015 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulyana Skorokhodova is currently offline Ulyana SkorokhodovaFriend
Hi Thangam Rajadurai,

Is it possible to pass username/password to your AUT as arguments to dismiss login dialog?
This is a typical workaround for such issue.

Kind regards,
Ulyana.
Re: Not able to record login screen using RCPTT [message #1709573 is a reply to message #1709572] Tue, 29 September 2015 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thangam rajadurai is currently offline thangam rajaduraiFriend
Thanks for the suggestion, but it is not possible to pass the credentials as arguments.
Re: Not able to record login screen using RCPTT [message #1709795 is a reply to message #1709573] Thu, 01 October 2015 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Manck is currently offline Markus ManckFriend
Hello,

we had the same problem and applied a workaround to the AUT.
The login dialog displays a cancel login confirmation instead of closing directly when the modal dialog is being closed.

Within the testcase the confirmation is cancelled and then proceeds with the login.

This way the dialog can be used in testcases but it is a modification to the AUT nevertheless.

It would be nice to be able configure an exception list of modal dialogs that then are not closed upon AUT and testcase start.

Regards
Markus
Re: Not able to record login screen using RCPTT [message #1711381 is a reply to message #1709795] Thu, 15 October 2015 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

is there any update on this topic?

In the course of our testing I happen to have a modal dialog which I can not avoid or skip as it is subject to test.
The autoclosing of initial dialogs results in the AUT exiting which will fail the testcase.

Any solution to skip the initial closing of dialogs or perhaps configure the used button to close the dialogs would help.

Best regards

Markus
Re: Not able to record login screen using RCPTT [message #1711406 is a reply to message #1711381] Thu, 15 October 2015 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angelo Luciani is currently offline Angelo LucianiFriend

Hi ,
try to see https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1709821/#msg_1709821
there are 2 methods one from rcptt and the other one from maven to perform a login.
In my case I have the login immediately when I run the application.
Hope this help.

"Ce sont les petits désirs qui rendent un jeune homme hardi."
Giovanni Giacomo Casanova
Re: Not able to record login screen using RCPTT [message #1711439 is a reply to message #1711406] Fri, 16 October 2015 06:31 Go to previous message
Hello,

thank you for the link.

Unfortunately the login dialog is not my main problem, as it has a confirmation before it is closed and this way avoids the autoclose mechanism.

But for some AUT conditions the AUT displays a repair dialog before the login. If this dialog is closed, which is interpreted as a cancel, the AUT is immediately closed. Due to the autoclose I can not choose the repair option via ecl.

Best regards
Markus
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] RCPTT Maven Plugin
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Issues when creating second RCPTT Project on same AUT in Eclipse (Not visible, NPE)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:04:26 GMT 2024